Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 + Fiio A3 (e11k) ???
Sep 26, 2015 at 11:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Brutality

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

Already own these cans and have no amp, just my x-fi xtreme music card. I'm wondering what a good amp would be. I'm happy with their quality but I think I need a quality boost at higher volumes.

is the A3/e11k a good choice? I can't really spend much more and I'm not sure if it will make any difference.

Sep 27, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #4 of 4
  Already own these cans and have no amp, just my X-Fi Xtreme music card. I'm wondering what a good amp would be. I'm happy with their quality but I think I need a quality boost at higher volumes.
is the A3/e11k a good choice? I can't really spend much more and I'm not sure if it will make any difference.

I own two of the E11 amplifiers, older version of the A3(E11K) amplifier, nice little amp.

Hopefully you disabled the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS, before you installed the X-Fi Xtreme?

Is the X-Fi Xtreme Music, not the Xtreme Gamer or Xtreme Audio sound card?

You might consider to just replace the Xtreme card with a Sound Blaster Z sound card
It has a better DAC chip then the Xtreme series and the SB-Z's built in headphone amplifier can easily drive the DT770 (80 or 250).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back