Beyerdynamic DT-770 - Less Boomy Mod ("LBM"-mod) w/ pics (56K warning)
Jun 1, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #17 of 24
and another this is that i havnt punctured the centre of the felt, its towards the corners,so the felt around the driver is perfectly intact but yeh, let me know if i just ****ed up my new headphones or not :p

Nov 17, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #19 of 24
Just curious-- what purpose does the polish cloth serve?  Can't I just add the tape over the stock ring or is there a reason the ring is completely replaced?  My (completely unbacked) theory is that the ring protects the driver from reverberation from its housing and the tape serve as another barrier.  So do we save the felt ring in case we want to reverse the mod or is there a reason for replacing it?

Jan 25, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #24 of 24
Reviving this b/c this is what I'm looking to do with my dt770 LE.  Opened them up and there's no black plastic ring behind the driver.  Every other mod thread about the dt770 I've seen has the black ring.  I'm guessing maybe the 32 ohm version don't have the black rings?  So, I guess no felt mod for me.  I did stuff some polyfill into the cups since I had them open to experiment.  Seems to have tamed boominess.  I need more listening time though.  Any info is appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back