Beyerdynamic DT 770/80 vs Custom One Pro's Quick Comparison
Dec 1, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #76 of 104
Quote:
Welcome!!
For that price range you have a ton of great options! You mentioned that you'll be using them from home a lot, do you prefer open or closed back cans like the ones you have now. Closed cans are known for the isolation and typically better bass. Open are more well open lol with better soundstage and depth.
Open
HE-400 $399 (new) Overall best sounding headphones I've ever owned or listened to. A little on the heavy side and zero portability but for home use the best.
Beyerdynamic DT990/250 $199 and under (new) there is a 32ohm rated version but since you already have the e11 no point waisting an extra $150 for the same thing. Fantastic headphones top to bottom and the most comfortable cans I've ever tried.
Closed
DT770/80 $149-$220 (new) Fun cans, super comfy and will handle all types of music well. Soundstage rivals that of the open cans and is better than any other closed headphone I've tested under $700.
COP's $189 (new) are good for the money but not sure I'd recommend them. Def would not use them with the e11. I actually did while testing and it wasn't a good experience... Great at low volumes but raise it and all turns to mush. Highs crack lows fall off and general sadness kicks in... I wanted to love these headphones and at low volumes I did. But I couldn't let it go that while cranked even a little they broke lose.
M-100 super hype headphones are still new but I posted a review from a trusted source in this thread so you can read more about them. $300 is a bit much for what they are IMO. Super super wide soundstage HUGE BASS and that's about all there is to em. Do your home work...
Audio-Technica a900x. $237 All arounders with great sound comfort and price. Definitely worth a serious look!
Used
Denon d2000's $299 and under Amazing period
Lets us know what you think,
Good luck!

Great advise bro. You hit the nail on the head in regards to the COP and the E11. My next purchase will be either the DT770-80 or the M100, but I'm leaning more towards the DT770-80.

Will have to cope with the COP until funds are available.

Dec 1, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #77 of 104
I just got a set of DT770 Pros 250 Ohms and they are incredible. I pair them with a Fiio E17 thru my laptop. Great listening experience for under $300.00 total. I may purchase the Fiio E09 Amplifier to increase the headroom a bit on the E17. Gotta really crank it to get some volume out of the DT770 Pros..

Dec 2, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #78 of 104
Quote:

Great advise bro. You hit the nail on the head in regards to the COP and the E11. My next purchase will be either the DT770-80 or the M100, but I'm leaning more towards the DT770-80.

Will have to cope with the COP until funds are available.

Thanks, always happy to help! The M100's are so pricey right now, I may have to weight a while for those. I just can't justify spending $300 on V-Moda's. Not when I heard they were practically bassier "Beats" with a wider sound stage. Now of course to each is own and that may be my thing being a bass head and all but still, $300?? If/when they go on sale I may take a flier on em but until then I dont't know... Never hurts to do as much research as possible and doesn't hurt that Amazon has started selling them so I could always return them if I didn't like. .. You could do much worse than the COP's... Just make sure you keep the volume low and watch the right speaker, it may start to pop regardless of the volume. Fun stuff huh

Dec 2, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #79 of 104
Thanks for the comparison, DemonFox.  I think you just sold me for the DT 770s.  I owned them briefly at one point, but there was a problem with one of the drivers, so that distracted me from enjoying the overall sound signature.  I wanted to get the COPs, but I think I'd prefer the DT 770s.  I'm looking for a more bass heavy counterpart to my HP100s, although they are pretty awesome by themselves.

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #80 of 104
Quote:
Thanks for the comparison, DemonFox.  I think you just sold me for the DT 770s.  I owned them briefly at one point, but there was a problem with one of the drivers, so that distracted me from enjoying the overall sound signature.  I wanted to get the COPs, but I think I'd prefer the DT 770s.  I'm looking for a more bass heavy counterpart to my HP100s, although they are pretty awesome by themselves.

Happy to help! They (dt770) are really good for the money and its hard to recommend the COP's for the same price. Now the HP100's are those the SoundMagic HP100's that you are referring too?? Had to look them up but they look awesome, never heard of soundmagic before, what can you tell me about them?? I saw that they have 53mm drivers so is the sound more focused on the low end or pretty neutral?? 

Dec 3, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #81 of 104
That HP100 looks very good and the reviews are nothing but praise. Seems to be a less bassy DTT70-80. Im glad I found out about it.

Dec 3, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #82 of 104
Quote:
That HP100 looks very good and the reviews are nothing but praise. Seems to be a less bassy DTT70-80. Im glad I found out about it.

Same here, never heard of them before and now I'm very interested to see what they have. Looks like they have some great prices on in-ears as well. Who doesn't love good cheap IEM's :) 

Dec 3, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #83 of 104
Tried my friends dt770, they're quite sharp in the upper frequencies. I didn't really like it with hip-hop since every snare drum sounded too loud, nor did I like it with female vocalists whose voices are up in the higher registers. Otherwise they sound great. Still haven't received my COP for comparison, I hope the upper-mid/treble isn't so sharp *fingers crossed* 

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #84 of 104
Thanks for that! Awesome feedback! The DT770 really seem to be the benchmark dont they.

One of the problems with them is the short cord which I saw when I was looking at the DT770 Limited Edition. Because I was using it at home I was hoping to get a longer cord so it had more flexibility in case I was plugging it into the TV to watch a movie.

Is that possible?

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #85 of 104
I think the COP is pretty good all around, but the fact that I can't crank it up with the e11 like my other cans it did bothered me. 

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #86 of 104
Quick questions for all of you... Have any of you ever recalbed any of your headphones and if so how much did you pay or did you do it yourself??

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #87 of 104
Quote:

Happy to help! They (dt770) are really good for the money and its hard to recommend the COP's for the same price. Now the HP100's are those the SoundMagic HP100's that you are referring too?? Had to look them up but they look awesome, never heard of soundmagic before, what can you tell me about them?? I saw that they have 53mm drivers so is the sound more focused on the low end or pretty neutral?? 

Remarkably neutral, considering their size.  Lovely sound.  Very clean and detailed, and they don't sound closed (congested, etc.).  The bass is definitely near neutral, but impact is actually pretty decent, and they're definitely not bloated or boomy.  Unfortunately, due to comfort issues, I returned them.  However, it appears I'm in the small minority, since almost everybody raves about their comfort.  My ears stick out a bit and contact the drivers.  YMMV.  If the comfort's not a big issue for you, they are killer for the price.

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #88 of 104
Quote:
I think the COP is pretty good all around, but the fact that I can't crank it up with the e11 like my other cans it did bothered me. 

Same here, so much so I sent them back

Dec 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #89 of 104
Quote:
Remarkably neutral, considering their size.  Lovely sound.  Very clean and detailed, and they don't sound closed (congested, etc.).  The bass is definitely near neutral, but impact is actually pretty decent, and they're definitely not bloated or boomy.  Unfortunately, due to comfort issues, I returned them.  However, it appears I'm in the small minority, since almost everybody raves about their comfort.  My ears stick out a bit and contact the drivers.  YMMV.  If the comfort's not a big issue for you, they are killer for the price.

Well I was lets say blessed with larger ears as well so they may not work but still are very interesting. I like the look and and like you said the reviews are almost positive. The people that buy them seem to be very happy with the sound and the price. Exactly what we needed... Another $199 pair of headphones the mix things up lol 

Thanks for the info!

Dec 12, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #90 of 104
Ton's of deals going on right now, anyone pick up any new cans recently??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back