Beyerdynamic dt-770 250/600 ohm upgrade, 300-500$+
Jun 25, 2016 at 1:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

damex

100+ Head-Fier
hello,
   i appreciate that dt770 built like a tank. (that headband) and it is easy to recover them in case of disaster.
   i like the sound of dt770 and use my 250 or 600 ohm headphones with aune b1 portable amp (line out from nw-zx2) on daily basis (portable use).

is there some kind of upgrade for them? i accept only closed headphones.

i tried ath-msr7 and they feel so cheap, have horrible headband and leather does not feel nice at'all. i also could not sit with them for more then a few minutes. i tried bending headband and it didn't helped.
   what else i could try?

Jun 25, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #2 of 11
  hello,
   i appreciate that dt770 built like a tank. (that headband) and it is easy to recover them in case of disaster.
   i like the sound of dt770 and use my 250 or 600 ohm headphones with aune b1 portable amp (line out from nw-zx2) on daily basis (portable use).

i tried ath-msr7 and they feel so cheap, have horrible headband and leather does not feel nice at'all. i also could not sit with them for more then a few minutes. i tried bending headband and it didn't helped.
   what else i could try?

DT-1770 Pro

T70 would be an upgrade in some regards, but it has a different sound signature (cooler).

Jun 26, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #4 of 11
  hello,

what else i could try?

Beyerdynamic T70.
Currently there are a lot of good deals on used ones for sale.
I would guess the T70p (32-Ohm) would work fairly decently plugged directly into the Sony NW-ZX2.
But if you prefer using the Aune B1 amp, might as well get the 250-ohm (t70) version.

Jun 27, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #5 of 11
Beyerdynamic T70.
Currently there are a lot of good deals on used ones for sale.
I would guess the T70p (32-Ohm) would work fairly decently plugged directly into the Sony NW-ZX2.
But if you prefer using the Aune B1 amp, might as well get the 250-ohm (t70) version.

Personally the T70 is really an acquired taste..one that is not easily appreciated. Would skip for a T5p

Jun 30, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #6 of 11
thank you.
i will check if i can try dt1770 pro or t70 before buying... sadly in hanoi(vietnam) there is no way to get beyerdynamic for a nice price and especially try before paying.

Currently there are a lot of good deals on used ones for sale

sadly there is no offerings in vietnam and shipping them here would cost an arm and a leg.

Quote:
Yes the DT 1770 is excellent.   I do strongly second this.  Alternatively, you could look at some of Fostex's offerings.

what would you recommend to try from Fostex?
  Personally the T70 is really an acquired taste..one that is not easily appreciated. Would skip for a T5p

but why t5p?

i i like the sound coming out of aune b1 in amp A mode and high gain servicing my dt770. sounds like there is a lot of power and it sounds really nice.

Jun 30, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #8 of 11
What would you recommend to try from Fostex?

Fostex T40RP, with aftermarket ear pads, seems like a good bang for the buck.

Jun 30, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #9 of 11
thank you.
i will check if i can try dt1770 pro or t70 before buying... sadly in hanoi(vietnam) there is no way to get beyerdynamic for a nice price and especially try before paying.

what would you recommend to try from Fostex?

but why t5p?

i i like the sound coming out of aune b1 in amp A mode and high gain servicing my dt770. sounds like there is a lot of power and it sounds really nice.

Depending on your budget, you've got the the T50RP, TH600, japan import TH610, Th900, Massdrop THX00.

Fostex sound can generally be described as having deep and full bass, slightly recessed mids, and sparkly highs. Their models achieve this to varying degrees. TH600/610/900 are the perfect examples of this tuning sig. THX00 is slightly more balanced.

Jul 3, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #10 of 11
Depending on your budget, you've got the the T50RP, TH600, japan import TH610, Th900, Massdrop THX00.

up to 500$ is easily acceptable. more - it should be really something that worth that difference in price.

what about durability of that headphones?
they're full plastic? (i checked 610/900) T50RP seems to be have some metallic parts...

Jul 3, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #11 of 11
up to 500$ is easily acceptable. more - it should be really something that worth that difference in price.

what about durability of that headphones?
they're full plastic? (i checked 610/900) T50RP seems to be have some metallic parts...

Haha the fostex does have some issues with the swivel but the build quality is excellent. Th610 and th900 are wood and metal....and the construction is splendid. Thx00 might be more in your budget. T50RP is mostly plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back