beyerdynamic DT 48e V.S DT 880 V.S Sony R-10
Oct 24, 2004 at 9:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

accd

New Head-Fier
Why beyerdynamic DT 48e the price is higher than DT 880?
Is it better than DT 880?
What is the preformance of DT 48e compare with DT 880 and Sony R-10?

Which one is the top of the line of beyerdynamic studio headphone?

Feb 17, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #2 of 5
the dt 48e is one of the grand-dad headphones by beyerdynamic...it was made in the late 1930s but found limelight around 20 years later...to keep something that old still in production would require beyerdynamic to quote such a price...
as far as what i've read from the forums... you will need time to adjust to the signature of the dt 48e ....the dt 880 is supposed to be one of the best detail retrieval headphones in the market ...however some say the dt 48e gives even more detail...but then again very less bass..
also the dt 48e requires an input of about 120 ohms to function as desired by beyerdynamic ...
hope you find the right headphone

Feb 18, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #3 of 5
One's open and the other's closed so they're very different animals in that regard alone. What are you looking for... a headphone for music production, or just for listening pleasure? Do you need isolation? Never heard the 880, but I suspect it's very different than the dt48. I suspect they were designed with different purposes in mind and to suit different needs. Which one you'll prefer depends upon what you're using them for and what sound signature you prefer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back