Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro or Ultrasone Signature Pro, or... ?
Feb 22, 2019 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Modo

Head-Fier
I am looking for closed-back cans with a generally neutral signature, and good but not overbearing bass. Comfort is important, portability is not. The budget is about 500 euro.

I currently have the Ultrasone 750 Pro with dampening mods, which reduce the V sound signature considerably (felt on the back of the driver, cotton on the front). I never minded the unusual driver setup on the Ultrasones. This is about the sound signature I would like to reproduce, but without the cable microphonics, and the creaky headband.

Reviews suggest that the Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro or Ultrasone Signature Pro might be good. I am wondering which would be better, or what I missed. I have not followed headphone development for years.

Edit: I ordered the Signature Pro first, and I absolutely love the sound, and the general build quality. They are exactly what I was looking for -- even less V than the modded 750 Pro, which gives way to even more detail across the board. The bass is noticeably less boomy, which I did not think was possible (the 750 Pro have it very well controlled, or so I thought). Unfortunately, the ear pads are too small for my ears, to the point of pain after ~1 hour of use. So back to the store they go. Following are expletives I will not spell out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back