Beyerdynamic DT 1350 vs Sony MDR-1R
Aug 21, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #4 of 9
1R is more colored with rich bass and recessed treble while 1350 is more balanced and has much better clarity.
Purely sound quality wise, DT1350 is much better, but people have their preference. Comfort is much better on MDR-1R though.

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #5 of 9
why they are different? in what sense?

sorry I was at work so couldnt get into much detail.

dt1350 is much more transparent than 1r, and has much higher resolution which leads to a more vivid sound. In these two regards 1r is below average. Some people may like it for rock and hip/hop, but to my ears its sound is muffled and veiled.

The problem of dt1350 is more inherent with most beyer phones which being having a rough treble texture and thin bass. It could sound atrociously horrible with some female vocals.

For the price of 1R, I would look at esw9 or es10.

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
sorry I was at work so couldnt get into much detail.

dt1350 is much more transparent than 1r, and has much higher resolution which leads to a more vivid sound. In these two regards 1r is below average. Some people may like it for rock and hip/hop, but to my ears its sound is muffled and veiled.

The problem of dt1350 is more inherent with most beyer phones which being having a rough treble texture and thin bass. It could sound atrociously horrible with some female vocals.

For the price of 1R, I would look at esw9 or es10.

Wait, are you saying that vocals can sound bad on dt1350? They have one of the smoothest vocals I've heard.

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #7 of 9
Wait, are you saying that vocals can sound bad on dt1350? They have one of the smoothest vocals I've heard.

I have to say dt1350 is better than t70p or t5p in regards to treble, but comparing to my esw11, its treble texture still has some sharp edges. A typical example is Emile Sande.

But I especially enjoy the male vocal on dt1350.

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
I have to say dt1350 is better than t70p or t5p in regards to treble, but comparing to my esw11, its treble texture still has some sharp edges. A typical example is Emile Sande.

But I especially enjoy the male vocal on dt1350.

Well, esw series are known for smooth sound sig. It has noticeable coloration to make the sound smooth. DT1350 is just less colored, and more clear, which may result in slightly harsher sound, but it depends on recording.

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #9 of 9

Sony MDR-1R may be.They have one of the smoothest vocals I've heard.

3Lwa3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back