Beyerdynamic COP, Maudio Q40 or the Vmoda M100
Jan 10, 2014 at 7:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tan1415

100+ Head-Fier
man what an experience. That in this day and age someone thinks consumers are dumb...
Have been thinking of these 3 headphones, in order of cost/price. looking for all round portable can, with good bass.

1)The maudio Q40 about 80€ when I buy the neccessary extra pads and cable.

2)The Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro, between 160€ and 250€.!!

3)Vmoda M100, pice drop to 215€ including shipping.Lowest ever in europe.

So hard to make a decision.
Q40 great price and reputation on headfi. never heard it.
Vmoda so highly recommended. relatively interesting price for europe and even though it didnt blow me away when I listened. great reputation for semi allround can with great bass.
Lastly the COP. Quite impressed with it. Drawbacks....weird situation with the local distribitor.
It officially sells the headphone with a "free" pimp package for 250€ or from online retialer for 166€. No pakcage and probably no support from distributor.

Went to an official store today. They said they had a white model in open box. Prepared to give me a special price. I checked..store seems legit store.
Went there and when they unpacked the headphone....was just Blackmodel with white earpads and headbands. Are you kidding me. Got into discussion that this was not white model. Finally believed me when i showed him the pics online.
Of course they didnt have the parts to turn the phone back to stock. They couldnt arrange it via distributor...was take it or leave it.
I know COPS can be modded...but this ridiculous...got a damn frankenstein headphone.

I wonder how in this day and age stores think they can get away with this crap. 

Anyway hope people can help out.

Jan 10, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #2 of 4
man what an experience. That in this day and age someone thinks consumers are dumb...
Have been thinking of these 3 headphones, in order of cost/price. looking for all round portable can, with good bass.

1)The maudio Q40 about 80€ when I buy the neccessary extra pads and cable.

2)The Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro, between 160€ and 250€.!!

3)Vmoda M100, pice drop to 215€ including shipping.Lowest ever in europe.

So hard to make a decision.
Q40 great price and reputation on headfi. never heard it.
Vmoda so highly recommended. relatively interesting price for europe and even though it didnt blow me away when I listened. great reputation for semi allround can with great bass.
Lastly the COP. Quite impressed with it. Drawbacks....weird situation with the local distribitor.
It officially sells the headphone with a "free" pimp package for 250€ or from online retialer for 166€. No pakcage and probably no support from distributor.

Went to an official store today. They said they had a white model in open box. Prepared to give me a special price. I checked..store seems legit store.
Went there and when they unpacked the headphone....was just Blackmodel with white earpads and headbands. Are you kidding me. Got into discussion that this was not white model. Finally believed me when i showed him the pics online.
Of course they didnt have the parts to turn the phone back to stock. They couldnt arrange it via distributor...was take it or leave it.
I know COPS can be modded...but this ridiculous...got a damn frankenstein headphone.

I wonder how in this day and age stores think they can get away with this crap. 

Anyway hope people can help out.

Assuming that you bought a Beyerdynamic COP and that was the condition you bought it, I say get a refund and make sure your next purchase is from a Beyerdynamic-approved retailer/distributor. The Beyer COP is the best of the three at owner satisfaction, but a refurbished product is to be restored to original factory specifications and not modified against the original specifications.

Jan 10, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #3 of 4
I am not crazy. I have no problems wth refurb or open box.
These are authorised retailers.Checked with distributor before going there.
I think its safer to buy from an online retailer.

Seems the price reduction makes it ok to sell this crap. Guess they hope for a sucker to come along.

So still not bought anything....thinking which of the 3. TBH hard to decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back