Beyerdynamic Blues
Jan 30, 2005 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

c-money

New Head-Fier
I have been trying to find the Beyerdynamic DT 531's but the only place I have found that still sells them won't ship to the U.S.. I am starting to give up and look at their younger siblings the DT 440 and DT 880. From what I've heard they seem to have the closest sound for a similar price. I would really rather get the DT 531's because all I want is a good, cheap, open can that doesn't block the "outside world" or break my wallet. But, if it comes down to the DT 880 or 440 or any other relativly cheap open can I'll need some advice. I don't need the detail to be outstanding just something that's fun to listen to when conected to an sr-71. My price range is anything around the 531's $150. If the 880's are that much better then they might be a possibility. Any recomendations for open cans around that price are appreciated
k1000smile.gif
Thanks,
Chris.

Jan 31, 2005 at 10:34 AM Post #2 of 2
The DT440 is the replacement for the DT531 and is the fun sounding headphone in the price range you are looking for plus is easier to drive in the case you like pluging big headphones into small portables.The DT880 is designed to sound like and compete with the Sennheiser HD600.This headphone does not have the fun Beyerdynamic house sound and is hard to drive.It is still a very good headphone and your SR-71 should have no problem driving it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back