Beyerdynamic announced new headphone, T5p, second top model, today in Beijing
Jun 26, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #18 of 30
This is the China price, 7000 RMB. I guess the problem is US keep pushing the RMB to rise, and if we use usd as the standard, every thing in China is getting more expensive. The t5p should be at similar price range as the t1, I think.

Jun 26, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #19 of 30
I was just wondering what is the $1000 Beyer refer to - is it the EU price, the China's price etc etc. But you probably correct, those two phones probably similar in price. Assuming the $1000 is refer to EU price, that would make it 800 euro, i.e. similar to T1's 890 euro.

Jun 26, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #20 of 30
They are definitely portable T1's if they are 32 ohm and closed. Just look at the size of the cable in comparison to the T1! It's much thinner.

Jun 26, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #21 of 30
Quote:
I was just wondering what is the $1000 Beyer refer to - is it the EU price, the China's price etc etc. But you probably correct, those two phones probably similar in price. Assuming the $1000 is refer to EU price, that would make it 800 euro, i.e. similar to T1's 890 euro.

Initially reported Chinese price converted to USD IIRC. 

Jun 26, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #22 of 30

Quote:
Initially reported Chinese price converted to USD IIRC. 

Quote:
Jian said:

This is the China price, 7000 RMB. I guess the problem is US keep pushing the RMB to rise, and if we use usd as the standard, every thing in China is getting more expensive. The t5p should be at similar price range as the t1, I think.

Thanks! $1000 is about 7000 RMB so they cost the same!

Jun 27, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #23 of 30

I do understand that, but the rising upper middle class are still not in the headphone markets yet so much. Maybe they are introducing them to the headphone world with this conference, but as of now and according to the one of the best head of a (not named) headphone/amp manufacturers, the Chinese market is still very underdeveloped and its not worth selling there atm. 
Quote:
Because they have an expanding upper middle class and they buying out the worlds precious metals.  San Francisco has better Chinese food so that isn't a reason.

Jun 27, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #26 of 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by gknix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do understand that, but the rising upper middle class are still not in the headphone markets yet so much. Maybe they are introducing them to the headphone world with this conference, but as of now and according to the one of the best head of a (not named) headphone/amp manufacturers, the Chinese market is still very underdeveloped and its not worth selling there atm. 

ohh, I don't know about that. You friend must be living in the past. He is missing out a huge slice of cake. As far as I know, most of the headphone brands we are talking about here on headfi have Chinese branches or at least authorised dealers and service centers in China, not to mention that lots of their products are acctualy manufactured in China.  China do have lots of people, and more and more of them are playing headphones. China have at least one or two headphone forums that is bigger if not much bigger than headfi, lots of smaller ones, and huge second hand headphone market. You'd be suprised how many hd800, T1, ED7/8/9, PS1000, R10, 010, 007 and ORPHEUS etc in China, I'd guess much more than any European countries (very likely to be more than all of them combined). Now a days, lots of college students play headphones using their parents' money or part time job salary, and they mainly interested in the 300 to 400 USD price range. That's why beyer chose Peking University to held their press conference.

Jun 27, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #28 of 30

Quote:

ohh, I don't know about that. You friend must be living in the past. He is missing out a huge slice of cake. As far as I know, most of the headphone brands we are talking about here on headfi have Chinese branches or at least authorised dealers and service centers in China, not to mention that lots of their products are acctualy manufactured in China.  China do have lots of people, and more and more of them are playing headphones. China have at least one or two headphone forums that is bigger if not much bigger than headfi, lots of smaller ones, and huge second hand headphone market. You'd be suprised how many hd800, T1, ED7/8/9, PS1000, R10, 010, 007 and ORPHEUS etc in China, I'd guess much more than any European countries (very likely to be more than all of them combined). Now a days, lots of college students play headphones using their parents' money or part time job salary, and they mainly interested in the 300 to 400 USD price range. That's why beyer chose Peiking University to held their press conference.

x2  If the middle class can afford to trade in bikes for cars all other amenities are up for grabs as well.

Its interesting you said Peiking, now I'm really confused which is right lol.

Jun 27, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #29 of 30
Don't worry, Beijing is the right name. It's just Peiking University is much older than PRC, and 100 years ago the foreigners miss pronuanced the name of the city. The University was fund around that period.

Jun 27, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #30 of 30
Beijing is the Mandarin pronunciation whereas Peking is the Cantonese version.  Most of the early emigrants were from Canton province hence Cantonese was introduced to the West in much greater numbers.  Therefore, the Peking version is used in Anglicised form.  eg Peking Duck rather than Beijing Duck

Chinese middleclass is expected to dwarf even the American middle class in the near future.  China is moving away from a purely mfg to a consumer nation.  It would be stupid for any company to ignore the purchasing power of the Chinese (just look at any Louis Vuitton or Chanel store in Paris - full of Chinese customers).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back