beyerdynamic A1 input options
Dec 9, 2007 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

a:xus

Head-Fier
Hi everyone, first post here.
Firstly I want to say thanks to all the people providing information, reviews and indepth posts.

I am seriously considering buying Beyerdynamic A1 amp as I can get a killer deal and it's time for a killer b-day present for my self (turning 30 soon).
I need you guys help on what soundcard would do this beast justice?

Currently I have a digidesign Mbox2 mini external soundcard for some hobby music production. Is this product at all usable?
Spec's here: Digidesign | Products | Pro Tools LE & M-Powered | Mbox 2 Family | Mbox 2 | Mbox 2

Ohh, I have just ordered a set of beyerdynamic dt880's 600ohm cans if that makes a difference.

Looking forward to your guys idea's.

Dec 10, 2007 at 12:12 PM Post #2 of 2
First of all, the A1 is an amazing amplifier. I think it is better than the Corda Opera (but the Opera is better value-for-money).
It's quite expensive, so if you got a good deal...go for it.

I don't know the Mbox2, all I know is that the A1 will scale very nicely. Better source = better sound.

I have tested it with a modded Lite DAC60 (which is very good) and a modded Zhaolu D2, and the A1 revealed a huge improvement between these two DACs, so I'm quite certain the A1 will get even better with a more high-end source.
The Mbox2 is problably a nice place to start.

The DT880-600 and A1 should be an excellent match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back