Beyerdynamic 2nd Gen T1s Maintenance Question
Sep 26, 2021 at 10:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Jamil

Head-Fier
I have owned the ninja black edition of these for over a year now. They perform well and continue to sound fabulous. I took a look inside the ear cups to see lots of built up crud along the covering of the protective material. What do you use to clean the inner surface of your headphones? A dry cloth will not remove it. It looks like a cloth mesh type material that has a dirty appearance. The dirt is most likely debris directly from me (skin, dander, etc.). I have not yet done anything in an attempt to clean it. I wish to avoid damaging them.

Oct 17, 2021 at 5:26 AM Post #3 of 4
A medium-soft pencil brush works. Ideally whatever is in there is dried up, or you risk smearing and making it worse.

Thank you. This is good advice.

It's not very bad. It's just not clean. I see a few specs of debris on the inner material. I suspect it is dry and not wet, so it should brush off without issue. The reason I stated a dry cloth will not remove it is similar to dust. Dusting with a dry cloth will not remove dust. It will just spread it to other places. A wet cloth will make dust cling to it for removal.

Oct 20, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #4 of 4
I bought a pack of cheap Crayola paint brushes. These are small brushes with five in a pack of different shapes. I used the small flat angled brush, and I removed all of it with a dry brush fresh out of the pack. The debris actually stuck to the brush probably due to a static cling. I simply wiped the material lightly then cleaned the brush by wiping on a clean paper towel. This was easy. Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back