Beyerdynamic 234 Pro ...
Dec 2, 2005 at 3:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rajs

Head-Fier
Anyone have feedback on their experience with it ... is it worth it ... and if so where would you recommend I purchase from (finding it difficult to find a place that sells 'em).

Thanks!

Primary use -- First Person Shooter type games on the PC (Day of Defeat, BattleField2 and Call of Duty2, etc.) -- looking at these cause the normal headsets for PC gaming are awful sounding and the mic portion is really terrible -- and figure this would be a decent investment if the quality is real good and they'll last for a good amount of time.

Dec 2, 2005 at 7:13 AM Post #2 of 5
If you want to know how good the headphone portion is, this should be the same as in the DT231 (Pro or non-Pro, no difference). I wouldn't worry about build at least, the DT231 is pretty much built like a tank so the '234 should hardly be different.

Dec 2, 2005 at 11:54 AM Post #3 of 5
I love mine. Good headphones, good mic. You really can't ask for more out of a consumer-price headset, and at least over here it's a lot cheaper than the "hardcore gamer"
rolleyes.gif
Plantronics/Logitech offerings that it beats into submission with its little finger. The sound out of them is a bit on the boring side compared to some, but it's far from bad.

Dec 2, 2005 at 1:33 PM Post #4 of 5
They're also closed so they provide decent isolation. This means you can hear things better, which is a must especially if you play FPS'es. I've had mine for a long time and I still use it for games.

Dec 2, 2005 at 9:03 PM Post #5 of 5
Guys -- Thanksfor the great feedback ... now I need to know a place that I can buy it from that is in the good ole U.S of A.

Any suggustions would be appreciated ... you can post here ... and if against forum rules ... please PM me instead.

Thank you for your help!!!!

- raj

Users who are viewing this thread

Back