Beyer velour pads
Apr 21, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #2 of 5
There aren't a whole lot of sources. You can order them directly from BeyerUSA i think for about the same price as BH Photo Video sells them. Or i could be wrong.

Be aware that although they look exactly the same, the DT770 has different pads than the 880 and 990. The 880/990 pads are softer.

Apr 21, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There aren't a whole lot of sources. You can order them directly from BeyerUSA i think for about the same price as BH Photo Video sells them. Or i could be wrong.

Be aware that although they look exactly the same, the DT770 has different pads than the 880 and 990. The 880/990 pads are softer.

Yep. Can't speak to 990 pads. But 880 pads on Darths = no bass. 770 pads on 880s produces similar bass reverb to using leather.

Another option if you previously ordered customs is to order directly from Beyer in Germany. Together with a couple of leather headbands and some end pieces, I have original black 770 pads on the way (my Larry-dyed pads are old and falling apart). But this is not cheap, especially with shipping, and you have to wire payment. (If you are in China, you just have to bite the bullet.)

Apr 21, 2008 at 7:45 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't even see it on BH Photo Video anymore. I think only Headroom has it now? I'm guessing for a closed pair of cans (M-Audio Q40), I should be looking at getting the DT770 velour pads then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back