beyer velour pads on other headphones?
May 30, 2004 at 8:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jpo245

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, im in total owe of the beyer velour pads... after using them on my 531s, i can't use anything else..

i use to think that my grados with bowl/flats were ok in terms of comfiness,
now i hate them.
and i dread the fact that if i use them for 30 min my ears get painful from being compressed..

anyone think i might be able to mount the beyer velour pads on them? i noe the velour pads are too big, but i was thinking of cutting them down a little, and sewing them back into a circular shape....

i was thinking of putting them beyers on my 271s as well..

anyoen done this?

May 30, 2004 at 6:47 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpo245
anyone think i might be able to mount the beyer velour pads on [my grados]?

i was thinking of putting them beyers on my 271s as well..

I know I've heard one head-fier say they managed to get the Beyer velour pads on a K240 Studio, so I think you might be able to do so with the 271s. Unfortunately this is going to be a royal pain-in-the-ass, since I attempted to get the pads on my 240s and gave up after 5 minutes of trying.

As far as the grados go... http://headwize2.powerpill.org/proje...=grado_prj.htm - The collected grado headphone mods page lists a method using K240 pads over the grado bowls. I've also heard of doing this over flat pads, which sounds like a better idea IMO. The problem is you're going to wind up using glue or something if you want the pads to STAY on, although I wonder if you could sew DT880 pads onto the flats...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back