Beyer T51 for mixing
Dec 24, 2014 at 1:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

alexseiji

New Head-Fier
I know these cans are fairly new and the reviews so far have been fantastic however I have a question about their sound signature. Im looking for excellent cans no doubt but I may do a little mixing as well and was wondering if these headphones are accurate enough to do so with. I have a pair of AKG' 240's that are great for what they are but I want to up the game plus I would like something that I can double up as a daily headphone. Any thoughts or perhaps recommendations on my though process?

Dec 24, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #2 of 3
As a musician for 30+ years, I never mix using headphones, always loudspeakers
No engineer I have ever known mixes (esp final) using headphones

If you must use cans then DT1350 is the professional model to go for, more accurate than the T51p to me.

However some people, not me, find them uncomfortable.

Dec 24, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #3 of 3
I've always done a bit of mixing on headphones, and they're good for arranging and doing all that stuff. But never exclusively of course. I use K240s as well (DF version) but would feel uncomfortable with anything else as I know them so well.

Are you finding yourself missing details with the K240s? I have spotted details with the HE-400 which I missed with the K240, but would never use them for mixing - perhaps as another perspective, but that's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back