Beyer T1: How much burn in time and how to reduce clamping effect.
Jun 4, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #16 of 25

Quote:
100 hours should be plenty of burn in.  But just a word of advise - you don't want a headphone to sound "spectacular" right away.  Really good headphones are balanced and nuanced - the idea is not that they will immediately impress with their blazing treble and their bombastic bass.  Burn them in, and then take the time to listen to a whole bunch of music you know really well.  Only then will you really be able to assess what they offer.  They may not be what you are looking for - but don't expect instant fireworks - headphones that provide that are very often very colored, and get fatiguing over the long run.  The beauty of the T1 is the naturalness of the presentation.

Very well stated (as usual)!

Jun 4, 2010 at 11:00 AM Post #17 of 25
Nothing beats a stack of books for reducing clamping force...  As for burn in, YMMV but around 100 hours...  I wouldn't bother with pink noise after that, just listen to music and let that continue to burn them in.

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #18 of 25
So very true... The headphones that sounded spectacular were the worst! Ultrasone 650... Shure 530.

T1s at 20 hours are the best I have ever heard ( it's more of an experience). They sound almost similar to my B&W800d running through Krell power amps!

I wonder if there is anything better available than T1 ... Sony R1 AKG K100o?

Jun 4, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #20 of 25

Quote:
500 hours is ridiculous. 100 hours will be more than sufficient with pink-noise. Just leave them running overnight and listen to them when you're awake.

I was being facetious. 100 hours is equally ridiculous. Overnight should do it. Two weeks of just listening and getting used to the sound is even better.

Jun 6, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #21 of 25

Quote:
I was being facetious. 100 hours is equally ridiculous. Overnight should do it. Two weeks of just listening and getting used to the sound is even better.

My apologies then. You should make it clearer though because there are people out there that genuinely believe these things. 100 hours is just an arbitrary number I use to be absolutely certain, though I agree that the majority (if not all) the changes from burn-in occur in the first few hours IME.

Jun 6, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #22 of 25
Update: I have noticed no change in sound after first 30 hours of listening...they have started sounding like pure bliss :) so my suggestion to all just leave the headphones plugged to a music source for 2 days continuously and that will do the trick.

Jun 9, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #23 of 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJnK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not bashing the GS1000, I still have mine and sold the T1, they are great cans, but VERY different from the T1. 

Why did you sell the T-1s?

Quote:
Nothing beats a stack of books for reducing clamping force... 

and flattening out your ear pads...........  need a spreader above the ear cups. 

This one was too good to be my idea. 
biggrin.gif

USG

Sep 3, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #25 of 25
it has some effect on the T1 ,when I burn with cheap interconnect cables or High Volume or played with one cable(mono)?
Replace or dont replace drivers in T1 for better sound,if wrong burned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back