Beyer Replacement Parts.
Apr 28, 2008 at 8:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

TheBlueChanell

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of a DT770pros/80 that are a few years old and are pretty beat up. I used them for when my CS:S team lanned as well as lent them to friends. They've been around the block and they have actually taken their beating pretty well
biggrin.gif
. Anyways, I'm looking to clean them up, replace a few parts and get them functioning again.

I'm looking to replace the ear pads as well as the the cabling that has been frayed and cut through. The right can is no-longer functional, I'm looking to fix them up and either give them to my sister or someone or keep them as a spare for when I LAN. If anyone's got some suggestions it'd be great, I'd rather not pay the $70-$100 Beyer is gonna charge me to fix them.

If anyone also has any guides or any helpful advice that would be great. Thanks for reading. -Matt.

Apr 28, 2008 at 10:25 AM Post #2 of 13
pads are easy, get onto ebay. there are enough links around this forum (banners etc.) that'll help you re cable your headphones, i'm sure.

Apr 29, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #3 of 13
I checked ebay and couldn't find anything. I also want to make sure they are the same pads, as different style pads, and pads in general effect sound. Thanks for the replies guys.
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2008 at 8:23 AM Post #4 of 13
I wouldn't spend over $50 since a new pair is ~$150 and sometimes less. You can find the stock velour pads at HeadRoom (headphone.com) but good luck with the rest of it...it could be hard.

What I'd do in your position is to sell the broken pair as-is and buy another dt770 or try something different. hope that helps

Apr 29, 2008 at 1:12 PM Post #6 of 13
I have an extra pair of DT770 earpads that you can buy.

Apr 29, 2008 at 3:03 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by SunDevil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Tiemen,

why no more Beyers ??

Because I had so many, see my profile.
And none of them were really my cup of tea. Though I would love to try out the DT250.

Now I have the AKG K 271S, and that's a very fine headphone for me. Great sound, low sibilance, comfortable, good isolation. I can enjoy music again, instead of wondering what's wrong with the headphone.....

Apr 29, 2008 at 4:02 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by wrecked_porsche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you guys know where to get the headbands/have one for sale for the DT770, please let me know yeah? Thanks a bunch.
smily_headphones1.gif

You can get them in the UK here.

Apr 29, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did no one read my post?
frown.gif

yes, I did....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back