Beyer phones with DAC-1 250 or 80 ohm
Sep 5, 2005 at 7:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

stefan

100+ Head-Fier
Title says it all really.
I'm planning on getting a benchmark DAC1, and some cans to go with it. I'm pretty much set of the Beyerdynamic DT770 or 880 -- comfort is the main consideration. I've tried Grado, Sennheiser and AKG, and just find the BD's to be fantastic in terms of comfort.
Main worry is can the DAC1 work well with the 770 or 880's in 250 ohm version, or should I try to source the harder to find DT770's in 80 ohms.
I've even seem the BD customisation page and the 32 ohm version -- would that be better?
Thanks for the advice....

Sep 5, 2005 at 2:54 PM Post #2 of 3
I've used all three with the DAC1 and it has no problem driving any of them. The DT880 is the best sounding IMO, with the DT770-80 being pretty good if you want a bassy sound, I wouldn't bother with the DT770-250 unless you can't get the other two, it's fairly sibilant and the bass really overpowers the mids.

Sep 6, 2005 at 4:30 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
I've used all three with the DAC1 and it has no problem driving any of them. The DT880 is the best sounding IMO, with the DT770-80 being pretty good if you want a bassy sound, I wouldn't bother with the DT770-250 unless you can't get the other two, it's fairly sibilant and the bass really overpowers the mids.

Thanks Iron_dreamer. I've been ddigging through the archives and that seems about right -- so think I'll go for a DT880 or otherwise the DT770/80 (which seems harder to find anyway). I gave the BeyerDynamic's a try in a store in London recently, along with Sennheiser 600's/650's, and was so impressed at how comfortable the Beyer's were. Was thinking about the audiotechnica's off of audiocubes, but really not sure about the pleather pads in hot weather... Anyway, thx again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back