Beyer Dynamic Vs Sennheiser Momentum
Aug 17, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #18 of 23
I went back to shop listened again. I actually came to dislike the Momentums. I understand they may not be bass head compared to other models available but there is too much bass emphasis for my liking(my girlfriend on the other hand loved them).. I opted for the dt's and jaben gave me a set of beyer xp3's for free..

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #19 of 23
Do you think the Amperior has SQ than the dt1350 ?

I read a reviewer who said hd25 (same than amperior) was better in SQ in medium and bass than the momentum.

The rewiewer from Innerfidelity think the Amperior is the best portable headphone.

Aug 17, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #20 of 23
I actually tried the Amperiors too. Overall I think the DT's are better: 

My main issue is that the Amperiors did not fit me properly. I like my headphones to fit tightly, when I tried to get a nice clamp they were clicking open by themselves & I then found that they were letting in sound at the bottom as they are hinged horizontally. On the other hand the Beyers hinge vertically so they move left to right and you feel like they are screwed to your head which is something that I like but I have read that it bothers other people. 

What's nice about the Amperiors is that they have a huge soundstage compared to the DT's. The guy in the shop's opinion was that this was actually an amp issue and that the amp I bought was not big enough to run the DT's to their full potential. The bass on the Amperiors booms more but I found them a bit squawky. The higher frequencies were quite harsh.

If you buy the DT's and plan to use them as a commuter headphone an amp is a must. I think Amperiors will run much better without an amp. Also I think that you can read reviews and ask for help here as guidance but the only way to work out which is best is to go to a shop and try them out, what I have learned in last few days is that headphones are subjective. Everyone has different heads, ears and expectation of how their headphones should sound, so what suits one guy will not the next! 

Aug 18, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:
Do you think the Amperior has SQ than the dt1350 ?

I read a reviewer who said hd25 (same than amperior) was better in SQ in medium and bass than the momentum.

The rewiewer from Innerfidelity think the Amperior is the best portable headphone.

Personally, DT1350 is the best portable I've heard.(Actually, TH900 is the best I've heard, but it's at a totally different league)

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:
How come DT's are in your "had" category if you consider them the best?? :)

Simple. It was uncomfortable and too bulky to carry around. They are portable, but not pocket sized like iems. I just much prefer carrying an iem around with me. But now, I'm tempted to buy another one, especially the one with new pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back