Beyer DT880 sound leakage?
Nov 26, 2005 at 11:29 PM Post #2 of 7
It leaks a lot... you will get injured
tongue.gif
. Also it blocks very little sound... why anyone would want to listen to this headphone on a train, I have no clue. Best listened to in a dead silent room, IMO.

Nov 26, 2005 at 11:35 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
It leaks a lot... you will get injured
tongue.gif
. Also it blocks very little sound... why anyone would want to listen to this headphone on a train, I have no clue. Best listened to in a dead silent room, IMO.

Ditto.
biggrin.gif
They leak quite a lot, although it won't be much more than stock headphones (or cheapo streetstyle headphones) you get with CD players or whatnot.... which should be okay on a train. As for isolation, there is absolutely none.
tongue.gif
I wouldn't even consider than more isolating than Grados. Hehe. Don't hurt yourself listening too loud.
biggrin.gif
Also, don't you want to appreciate the awesome details and dynamics of the DT880 in a silent room?
wink.gif

Nov 26, 2005 at 11:39 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veniogenesis
Ditto.
biggrin.gif
They leak quite a lot, although it won't be much more than stock headphones (or cheapo streetstyle headphones) you get with CD players or whatnot.... which should be okay on a train. As for isolation, there is absolutely none.
tongue.gif
I wouldn't even consider than more isolating than Grados. Hehe. Don't hurt yourself listening too loud.
biggrin.gif
Also, don't you want to appreciate the awesome details and dynamics of the DT880 in a silent room?
wink.gif

Yes I would like to enjoy them at home but want to be able to take them on the train too
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back