Beyer DT880 & Desktop Amp with Max/Max
Aug 12, 2009 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Cecala

Headphoneus Supremus
Has anyone here used the Desktop Amp with Max modules + DT880 combined?
I ask as I am considering this headphone(600ohm) in the near future and would like to hear peoples experiences regards driving power and SQ.

Aug 13, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #2 of 13
I don't believe nobody has yet heard this combination.

Aug 14, 2009 at 1:05 PM Post #3 of 13
If nobody replies today, I'm going on a 3 state killing spree.

Aug 14, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #4 of 13
Just please skip New York. We already have H1N1
redface.gif

I have this combo, except with the modules that are one step down from Max/Max.

I have the 1996 version of the 880's. The best way that I can sum it up, is that it is the best amp/PSU combo that I have to go along with the Beyers. Great synergy. No problem driving 300 ohms, has 1/4" outputs, and I don't use any crossfeed.

You can put away your AK.

Aug 14, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #5 of 13
He's in Melbourne. That's a hell of a long way to go for a spree. He could start here, but in Aus 3 of our 6 states only have a dozen or so people in them.

And then you have to find them.

Aug 14, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #7 of 13
3 out of 6 states only have a dozen or so people in them?

[naive=stereotype]Wow, it must be tough for your premier eatery, the Outback Steakhouse to maintain
a solid financial line in those states[/naive]
tongue.gif

Aug 15, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #9 of 13
It was a bit of naive sarcasm. You will notice my [naive=stereotype] quotes.

Outback Steakhouse is a chain restaurant in the U.S. that claims to be authentic Australian food, but of course it's not.

When I go to technical training for my job, I usually attend class with fellow employees from all over the world. Last year I had two "blokes" in from Sydney, and my naive boss wanted to impress them by taking them out to "Outback Steakhouse" thinking it would make them feel like they were at home. I just slivered in my chair with embarrassment.
Of course, they never heard of anything on the menu, including their famous "blooming onion loaf".

I was hoping that you members from down under would get a kick out of my parody.

Aug 16, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #10 of 13
I gathered it was sarcasm, hence my nod to US cuisine, proudly exported to other previously non obese nations.
wink.gif

I think you'll find, that a lot like the US, the standard Australian fare at home is Italian, Chinese, Indian etc. THe only thing that is remotely quintessentially Australian is Pavlova and Lamingtons (google is your friend), not quite macho enough for Australian Stockmen.

Aug 16, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just please skip New York. We already have H1N1
redface.gif

I have this combo, except with the modules that are one step down from Max/Max.

I have the 1996 version of the 880's. The best way that I can sum it up, is that it is the best amp/PSU combo that I have to go along with the Beyers. Great synergy. No problem driving 300 ohms, has 1/4" outputs, and I don't use any crossfeed.

You can put away your AK.

Thanks for your contribution.

Aug 16, 2009 at 10:41 AM Post #12 of 13
That's right, the rest of us are imports.
If you don't have a splendid suntan and a flat nose,live on the dole and sniff petrol for a living, chances are that you're a ring-in.

Aug 17, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[naive=stereotype]Wow, it must be tough for your premier eatery, the Outback Steakhouse to maintain
a solid financial line in those states[/naive]
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drubbing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never heard of the Outback Steakhouse; our premier eateries are Macca's, KFC and Burger King, just like everyone else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's right, the rest of us are imports.
If you don't have a splendid suntan and a flat nose,live on the dole and sniff petrol for a living, chances are that you're a ring-in.

I must have posted my question on the wrong forum.
confused_face_2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back