Beyer DT860?
Dec 26, 2003 at 6:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gerG

Headphoneus Supremus
Man, I go away for a couple of months and Beyer revises their entire line without even telling me! Anybody heard any of the new stuff? At least they figured out that fold-flat is a requirement
wink.gif

DT860
dt860_bg.jpg

edit: doh, I did some more searching and found a couple of threads. I need to choose my keywords better, I guess. Oh well, maybe more pictures will help:

DT660
dt660_bg.jpg

DTX900
dtx900_bg.jpg

Beyer link

Select language with button on lower right of web page.

gerG

Dec 26, 2003 at 7:15 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by gerG
Man, I go away for a couple of months and Beyer revises their entire line without even telling me!

Yep LOL, quite a few changes at Beyerdynamic.

Jan Meier has put up some impressions on HeadWize:
Impressions on some new Beyerdynamic and AKG headphones

TravelLite

Dec 26, 2003 at 7:32 PM Post #3 of 5
After reading Jan's comments, it would seem that BD is going for the portable sector with their new line. I just can't imagine even heavier headphones than the usual BD lineup. As Ultrasone clones I wonder how they stack up sonically.

The DT860 worries me. It would seem that it is overly bright with shallow bass, with it being even brighter than the DT931. It would also seem that even though it is rated at 32 ohms, it sounds better from a 120 ohm output. Since I haven't heard a SR225 I can't imagine what it sounds like. But if it has the typical SR80 propensity I'd be very worried. But at least they are comfortable, so BD may yet take sales away from Grado.

The DT440 seems to be the pick of the litter.

Maybe it's time to pick up a set of DT531s while you can still get them.

Dec 26, 2003 at 8:55 PM Post #5 of 5
walli: Similar thoughts over here. If anything, I'd be mildly curious about the DT440...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back