Beyer DT770 Pro or Dre Beats?
Dec 10, 2009 at 8:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

k3wt

New Head-Fier
Guys i did a bit of reading whilst i was waiting for my account to be activated and it seems that you dont like any variation of Dre Beats
biggrin.gif
Anyway for this topic please can we put that aside
wink.gif

Ive got some DT 770 Pros and was thinking about getting some Beats Solos (on Ears) instead. Main concern is that theyre on ear and might hurt after prolonged use? Can anybody give me any feedback on this? otherwise if its comfort i might need to go with the Monster beats Studio ones but im not keen on the fact it only works with batteries in it and the fact its noise cancelling. A big reason for wanting the Dre Beats is the built in Mic for iPhones etc. also the sound quality ive been reading its very heavy and overpowering on bass can you also confirm this over my current set of cans?

Should i make the swap or not? Price wise its not much more for the Beats Solos but again the fact that its On Ear is offputing as i had a set of Sony on ears a while back when i was back in College and they hurt like hell after 30-45 mins use - sounded good tho IMO or maybe im naive
biggrin.gif

Many thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 10, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by k3wt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...On Ear is offputing as i had a set of Sony on ears a while back when i was back in College and they hurt like hell after 30-45 mins use...

Unless your ears have shrunk in that time, this issue will persist... I would stick with the Beyers. Otherwise, there are probably better choices of HP's if a mic for your iPhone is your main priority.

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by mritt400 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unless your ears have shrunk in that time, this issue will persist... I would stick with the Beyers. Otherwise, there are probably better choices of HP's if a mic for your iPhone is your main priority.

well my ears havent shrunk! what im saying is that the Sony ones i had were around £20! i thought they sounded amazing to be fair... but as i say they hurt after a while. judging by cost of the Beats and materials used etc they should be better? thats what im trying to weigh up

Dec 11, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

well my ears havent shrunk! what im saying is that the Sony ones i had were around £20! i thought they sounded amazing to be fair... but as i say they hurt after a while. judging by cost of the Beats and materials used etc they should be better? thats what im trying to weigh up

What's wrong with the 770's?

Dec 11, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

It has more to do with the fit than the quality of material. You could have pads filled with the finest Ethiopian mole hair, or whatever, covered in silk and they will still make your ears hurt, eventually. It is not a SQ issue. Try sticking to some circumaural phones like your DT770's (or D2000's for that matter) as this should eliminate that issue altogether. If you wear HP's for an extended period of time, and don't want to go down the IEM road, that would be the way to go.

Dec 11, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by mritt400 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It has more to do with the fit than the quality of material. You could have pads filled with the finest Ethiopian mole hair, or whatever, covered in silk and they will still make your ears hurt, eventually. It is not a SQ issue. Try sticking to some circumaural phones like your DT770's (or D2000's for that matter) as this should eliminate that issue altogether. If you wear HP's for an extended period of time, and don't want to go down the IEM road, that would be the way to go.

Denons are the Cadillac of Headphone comfort. Just like a Caddy, don't go around corners too fast though!

Dec 11, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #10 of 10
nothing is wrong with DT770s bit annoyed they didnt come with a case though! part of me thinks they could be better but then again im pretty much a noob in this sector compared to you guys. i would love the Studio Beats but my biggest gripe with them is the fact u cant use them without batteries :xf_mad: so for now i guess i will be sticking with DT770s. If any1 can kindly source me a dedicated Beyerdynamic case that would be excellent as i do need to carry them from place to place and a camera case seems a bit iffy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back