Beyer DT770/80: Still around?
Nov 14, 2005 at 3:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

C38368

500+ Head-Fier
So in my quest for a nice pair of closed cans to treble up on gaming, movies and probably even some musich, I've settled on DT770s in general, the 80 ohm version in particular. That one seems to be the most highly regarded of the three versions out there (that huge closed can megareview that shows up here now and again pins it on having the most "even handed frequency response").

But I've hit a slight snag... I can't find these anywhere! I've seen them referenced many times on UK websites, but haven't been able to pin down a place in the US that has them for sure. I've also found an archived thread here on Head-Fi from last February, by Todd and stating that he would have the 80 ohm version by March or so, except that his website only lists the 250 ohm now.

Are the 80's even available anymore? I'm starting to get a little antsy here because I don't like the new aluminum forks (I want to get them woodied, you see, and I don't much care for the mental image that wooden cups plus silver aluminum forks gives me).

TIA!

Nov 14, 2005 at 3:35 PM Post #2 of 3
You're in luck, Larry says on headphile.com that he has 770/80s in stock ($165 if you purchase mods as well), so you can get them direct from him already woodied
biggrin.gif
If you have no luck there, try Guitar Center.

Nov 14, 2005 at 3:54 PM Post #3 of 3
Woo! Thanks for the info--never would've thought to check Headphile to buy the cans, but he does have that specials page...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back