Beyer DT-250 ear pad upgrade for Sonys
May 8, 2002 at 3:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

nierika

1000+ Head-Fier
I've been reading about this procedure for V6s/7506s, does anyone know if they would also fit a pair of V600s (not sure if the cups are a bit larger than the V6/7506)? Thanks...

nate

May 8, 2002 at 3:41 PM Post #2 of 5
*bump*

May 8, 2002 at 4:07 PM Post #3 of 5
Eh, I hate to be the one to tell you, but the pads by themselves probably sound better than the V600. There is probably no headphone held in lower regard than that model.

May 8, 2002 at 5:02 PM Post #5 of 5
I have a pair that are about 5 years old, and I really don't care how poorly they are thought of by "headphone enthusiasts." They make decent DJ headphones, as do other Sony models that are criticized on this board. In fact, many of the top DJs in the world use the vCRAPDJ models and do just fine. Sound quality obviously isn't their main concern. I've owned a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 Pros for about a week, and the isolation and fit is excellent for DJing. However, I wish they had just a _little_ more emphasis on the mid-bass (the deep bass really doesn't help me that much), and went a little louder (I use inside-the-ear -15dB musicians earplugs). I'll agree that for casual listening, v600s sound like garbage on a low power headphone output. But I have found them to be tolerable on the 400mW heaphone output on my mixer.

Damn, are there no other options other than replacement Sony pleather? :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back