Beyer DT-250 (80 ohm) - Thoughts and Impressions post first listening session.
Dec 27, 2007 at 6:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kunwar

1000+ Head-Fier
These arrived today morning and like an eager child, i got into using them straight away.
Initial impressions - the bass is perfect (to my ears better than the HD650's by a fair reckoning), treble and midrange is all there, nothing intrudes nothing stands out, everything is beautifully balanced.
I am going to see if I can get one of the balanced XLR connectors for these and run them from the dac1 balanced and find out if that makes a difference.

I am currently using the SR-71 as the amp section, but really these don't need too much in terms amping.. I am listening to tracks i don't particularly like and these headphones are making a mockery of my listening tastes.
The monitoring pedigree shines through here, they were definitely made for someone who uses these for all sorts of music.

There is a little bit of clamping pressure but that eases in my experience with usage. Also a warning for any users who have a big noggin', these are not forgiving, i am using them at max extension for the headband and they fit quite well, on the HD650 scale, this would equate to using the headphones on the 12th-13th click. so just make sure they will fit, I am not aware if one can buy the headbands in larger sizes but defnitely something worth checking out..
I will return and post my impressions here later on. For now suffice to say, these are better than most closed headphones i have heard..(HD280, K271S, DT770, HD25-1, others that i have forgotten now)

More to come, enjoy the music

Dec 27, 2007 at 7:22 AM Post #2 of 4
Thanks for the review. I like these headphones too, and would agree with much of what you've written about them. Another big advantage of them is that they're a headphone you can get horizontal with--unlike most other full-sized closed headphones, they don't interfere with the pillow
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 27, 2007 at 8:09 AM Post #3 of 4
Compared to every other headphone i've heard the DT250 always seem perfect for listening to chiptunes.

Dec 27, 2007 at 11:00 AM Post #4 of 4
The Dt250's are lovely cans. Much more natural and accurate then my HD580s. They were also more detailed from low-end, unamped sources, though source and amp upgrade put the 580s on top. A family member now claims the Dt250 as their own, though I do have a listen to it every now and then when I want some isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back