Beware of JJTUBES.eu – Defective JJ 2A3-40W is your amp's fault even if it works fine with other 2A3 tubes
Jan 16, 2014 at 8:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SleepyOne

Headphoneus Supremus
I have bought a pair of JJ 2A3-40W from JJTUBES.eu in late November 2012. My amp is an Eddie Current 2A3 (mk.I DHT). When I turned on my amp after 4 - 5 seconds there was a continuous 'wooong' sound (which got louder) coming out of the headphone despite the volume control was turned right down. I contacted the seller and was instructed to return the tubes to them who in turn passed it to the manufacturer JJ Electronic to investigate what was wrong. JJ Electronic contacted me and claimed that it was my amp's fault; that it exceeded the heating voltage limit of 2.5V and that my amp is incorrectly connected. I measured the heating voltage on my amp and it is within the operation limit of 2A3 tube spec (2.47V on the left channel and 2.48V on the right channel). I have also contacted my amp's maker, Craig Uthus of Eddie Current, who informed me that my amp has sophisticated regulators which prevent the heating voltage from going above 2.5V. Craig Uthus also queries why JJ Electronic used 3V during the testing of my tubes which could damaged the tubes (JJ Electronic told me about the test in an email). As I have not heard back from JJ Electronic after I sent them the photos evidence of the measurements, I have bought a pair of new Psvane 2A3B to demonstrate to them that my amp does works properly with 2A3 tubes, which indeed it does work fine. This clearly shown that my amp has no problem with 2A3 tubes. Given that:

1/ My amp is working fine with Psvane 2A3B tubes;
2/ The measured heating voltage is within operation limit (2.47V on left side and 2.48V on right side);
3/ My amp has regulators which prevent heating from going above 2.5V;
4/ My amp has been working perfectly for over a year using EML 45 tubes (my amp can run both 2A3 and 45).

In what way is my EC 2A3 'incorrectly connected' if it does work fine with the Psvane 2A3B? Is there really any way one could possibly proved that one's amp does work properly if this is still not good enough a proof? Does this mean if you received defective tubes from the seller, despite any contrary evidence, the fault lies with you?

JJTUBES.eu only offered partial refund (50%) in the end - they used the manufacturer's claim of 'incorrectly connected' as their reason for rejecting my complaint.

So good luck to the next buyer who happened to purchase my pair of JJ 2A3-40W from JJTUBES.eu, if they do not work on your amp, you know what happened next..... 

Jan 16, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #2 of 3
Sorry to read this.

That's a ridiculous claim from JJTubes.eu.

It happened to me with a "reliable" eBay seller trying to blame my amp.
It's so disheartening when it happens and people don't stand by what they sell.

The calibre  of a seller is shown by the way they handle a problem.
Hiding behind a smoke screen and avoiding liability is not the way to go.

Jan 17, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #3 of 3
They will be out of business very soon, this is no way the way to do one. Many thanks for posting this, people should take this very sirious.

THX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back