Beware: AudioCubes won't return items Q-JAYS
Oct 29, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #61 of 63
If the packaging was able to be re-sealed just by push-tabs without showing any sign of use, how would you know if the product you were receiving was used or new? Do you want to end up paying for a product that isn't even new?

Oct 29, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #62 of 63
the duke here is right, usualy when something is returned and they sell you an open box, even at a discount, you get the feeling that the person who returned it might have had a good reason to and you´re getting a defective product,

then you have to look at it from the store and manufacturer point of view,

if returned to the store, i cant sell it at full price, i have to slash the price as a "open box" offer,

and the manufacturer, a product returned, defective or not, cant leave the factory or the testing facility without being retested in quality control and repackaged, sometimes replacing parts or accesories to return the product to "new" status,

BUT,
last time i checked, the store has to specify if the product is non returnable, some audio and electronics retailers have a non return policy on headphones due to hygine reasons, afterall, canalphones and IEM´s go in to your ear canal, pick up dirt and wax, so if they get sent back, they have to be sterialized, becuase if i buy a pair of headphones from a store, and they give me a ear infection or some other condition that might put my hearing at risk, i´ll be sure to contact a lawyer, the store has to cover itself legaly, becuase if they sell you a product that harms your health without proper warning, they are opening themselfs to legal action.

Oct 29, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #63 of 63
Hi Everyone,

Looks like I missed this thread and thanks to <GNEFF> killbot for notifying me to reply.

Restocking issue is very big for us. US customers like myself are very used to returning items within 30 days. But there are several things to consider, at least for smaller companies like ours. 1. our products are from Japan and Japan is not so much a "return in 30 day" country. Most of the products we get, whether directly from the manufacturer or from distributors, are sold as is and they will not accept non-defective returns, or repackaging. It is therefore, impossible for us to repackage these items and resell them.

2. Sale volume. In order to even consider selling used items, you should understand that these are usually bigger companies that have substantial sale volume, so that slightly used items can still be sold. Unfortunately, we are not at that level yet and if we let everybody return products etc, we will be stuck with these used items without people buying (remember, our products are more niche than common, so the demand for them is not as high as say, an iPod touch on sale). Of course, we are in this business at least to survive and unfortunately right now this may substantially harm our business.

Therefore, the real issue here is really because our suppliers not taking these products back. Regarding the Jays' products, we are getting them from Europe "as is" and they will not repackage these products, nor, obviously, do we have the means to repackage them. We have not even engaged to consider developing a system to send Jays' products back to Europe (or Hong Kong, where their warehouse is) because the volume just isn't large enough, and therefore sending, say 10 units back for them a month to repackage and send back to us is just not economical. So unfortunately we will not accept returns for Jays. We do accept some returns because Audio-Technica Japan and us have good relationship and they allow some items to be repackaged by them.

We understand that for items like hard-to-find earphones/headphones everybody wants to at least hear them before really knowing if it's something they'll like. Our business model stuck exactly in the ground where we want to offer these hard-to-find products, but not having the ability to allow everybody test drive. This is why we are opening our store and it's going to feature a wall of headphones, so our customers can come in to try. The only thing right now is perhaps for us to make our website policy even clearer. I will have our tech team take a look regarding this issue.

I hope this thread is clear and I hope you understand that as a business there are always a lot of issues to deal with. While we want to provide excellent customer service, there may be other issues that may prevent us from doing so. We hope you understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back