Beware: AudioCubes won't return items Q-JAYS
Oct 28, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #31 of 63
Actually I have to side with the customer on this one. The rest of AudioCube's policy states:

Quote:

All Used Headphones and Earphones valued below $250 can be returned with a 15% restocking fee and $5 processing fee. Customer is responsible for the shipping cost of sending the item back to our office. All original packaging, accessories, as well as the returning item must be in perfect working condition and sent back together . Refund will consist of unit price only, shipping costs will not be refunded. Customer must contact us with the request to return and notify us the precise condition of the item being returned before we issue a RMA for the return. Returns that do not meet the above conditions may be refused or disregarded. Unauthorized returns will not be processed. The duration of the 30 day period begins when the item is shipped and when the customer contacts us with the request to return.

(emphasis added)

Their policy is clear here, as far as I can see.

Oct 28, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #33 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by unclejr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually I have to side with the customer on this one.

Perhaps you missed this in the original post:

"Anyways, there is NO WAY to not open the package if you wish to audition the phones. The inner plastic tub is sealed and there is no other way but to cut it in order to get to the phones."

As you point out, yourself "All original packaging, accessories, as well as the returning item must be in perfect working condition and sent back together ."

Oct 28, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #34 of 63
Quote:

Except that everything isn't in perfect condition anymore, as admitted by the OP.

Oct 28, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #35 of 63
Perfect working conditions seriously applies to the packaging material?

Then I suppose that it's true. But just by reading the website, that's not 100% obvious. 'Perfect working condition' applies to the actual items. Separate from that is 'include all original packaging, etc.' Usually retailers are reasonable enough to understand that carefully opened blister packs should be subject to return for various reasons also.

Jays blister packed the heck out of the inner thing, which was annoying!

However, before you hit that reply button in disgust, I just want to note that if that's their policy, that's their policy. I think it happens to be among the more strict policies and as such, could use some clarification. It's why I waited for Headroom, anyway.

Oct 28, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #36 of 63
Quote:

Then I suppose that it's true. But just by reading the website, that's not 100% obvious.

What isn't clear about this? The section you quoted only extends upon this, it doesn't negate the fact that they specifically state it must be brand new and unopened:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCubes
All products valued below $250, can be returned to us for a refund less the shipping charges if the items are Brand New (this means you've never opened or used the item, and everything that came with the item are also in Brand New condition).

If you think not accepting returns on items that have been degraded in value by the customer is "strict," then that is your choice not to shop there, but there is absolutely nothing unclear about their return policy.

Oct 28, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #37 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Except that everything isn't in perfect condition anymore, as admitted by the OP.

If by "perfect" one means EXACTLY as new no it isn't. But it's in Perfect Working Condition.

Look, there is no sense in splitting hairs and play lawyers. If u feel this is perfectly reasonable then so be it.

I don't want sticking something in my ears that is been in someone else's either, but I thought that is what the RESTOCKING FEE was for. The vendor replaces the consumable items, re-package and sell at a slight discount refurb(?), pretty standard procedure, but oh well, live and learn.

Oct 28, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #38 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmithepa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't want sticking something in my ears that is been in someone else's either, but I thought that is what the RESTOCKING FEE was for. The vendor replaces the consumable items, re-package and sell at a slight discount refurb(?), pretty standard procedure, but oh well, live and learn.

A restocking fee is a restocking fee, not a refurbishing fee. I don't know where you got the idea otherwise.

Oct 28, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #39 of 63
I have shopped with Kohn and Audiocubes multible times, in fact I started buying a lot of my audio gear there back in 2002. Since then I have made 16 orders totalling more then 2000 USD. Why? Because of the exellent costumer service.
Audiocubes has always provided me with the best service. I have requested products to be added to the site and every single time Kohn has done just that. Orders are always prosseced and shipped quickly and if I have ever had a problem or question Audiocubes has always been quick to reply.
Thats why I have come back for 5 years putting down my hard earned money, writing reviews on the site (and if I did not like the product I would always point would be buyers to AC alternatives). I have also pointed several frinds and familly members to Audiocubes because of the amazing costumer service.

But this will most likely change, not because of the OP's story, but because of this:

Aprox. 6 months ago I order a set of clip-ons (and a full size can) from AC. My 16. Audiocubes order. I like the clip-ons and use them regularly but within a few months the clips start to loose the abillity to hold the headphone in place (both sides). Slowly they start to loose the "clamping force". After 5 months they are of no use to me, just dangling from my ears.
I send Audiocubes an email. No response what so ever. I wait a week and try again, this time from the AC site. Several days go by without anything happening and then a reply: "Is this someting you have done to the headphone, or was it like this from the factory?".
confused.gif

I dont know! I used them like the 100 other pairs of headphones I own/have owned. And surly they should at least work for more then 3-5 months!?
Durring the next couple of weeks I get 4 more mails like it. "Have you tried to fix the problem yourself?" was one of them.
confused.gif

Finally I get a mail from Kohn himself, the man who for 5 years has ALWAYS come thru asking me to return the phones and warrenty card by USPS Airmail or Priority Mail. I reply that Norway does not have USPS Airmail and Priority Mail is VERY expensive. For non-document parcels it starts at ~80 USD. And that there is no warrenty card in the (plasic box), only an extension wire, spare earpads and print instructions.
I have not recived a reply and that was 10 days ago..

I already had two orders lined up for AC. One for a set of Denon c700 or c551 and a few xmas gadgets for kids in the family and a pair of ath-esw9 come 2008. But now my money wont be going to Audiocubes. Bluetin, Ebay, JapanDirect, there are a lot of alternatives to AC these days, and cheaper to boot. I always saw the 10-15% AC charges extra as the price for exellent costumer service. With that gone I am too.

Oh yes, the clip-on's were 69 USD
plainface.gif

Oct 28, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #40 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by jterp7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
on the legal front AC was right..but anyone on head fi who just read this will have a new opinion on AC, whether good or bad.

Personally I think they should have made an exception.

I don't see why anyone should change their opinion of this company because of this incident.
Why should they have made an expection for the OP?
As far as I know, they don't even own a physical warehouse of some sort, if they get an item with blemished packaging back, they said they have no way to refurbish it and sell it as new.

What this means is that they basically have to cut the loss of this item, even if a 15% restocking fee was charged, as they can't sell anymore, since they don't even have a place to store all these would-be "B-stock" items.
The OP simply should've checked out their stance on returns more thoroughly.

But what's done is done, your best bet now is to sell the item in question on the FS boards if you're really not happy with them, since it's a new item and in good condition you should have no problem selling it.
In the end, the loss you incur should be no bigger than a restocking fee.

Oct 28, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #41 of 63
Another "warning thread" so everyone on headfi knows what kind of business this business really is huh?

Damn, using headfi for black balling a company into giving you your way no matter if the company has it clear and dry on their site that it is a no go.

the best was the person doing this after they were refund the money, yeah they still went on and on about it (different company). actually i think they joined headfi just to bad mouth the company come to think about it..well not sure might be wrong but their intentions of the "Warning thread" are as the same as this.

there are always going to be rotten apples from any given tree, especially when the tree has more apples..
still i would like to think Headfi peeps are honest on the most part.

Oct 28, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #42 of 63
Its your fault for not reading their return policy more clearly.

It is clearly stated on their www site, I found it in less than 5 minutes:

http://www.audiocubes.com/faq.html

All Used Headphones and Earphones valued below $250 can be returned with a 15% restocking fee and $5 processing fee. Customer is responsible for the shipping cost of sending the item back to our office. All original packaging, accessories, as well as the returning item must be in perfect working condition and sent back together . Refund will consist of unit price only, shipping costs will not be refunded. Customer must contact us with the request to return and notify us the precise condition of the item being returned before we issue a RMA for the return. Returns that do not meet the above conditions may be refused or disregarded. Unauthorized returns will not be processed. The duration of the 30 day period begins when the item is shipped and when the customer contacts us with the request to return.
All sales are final on all other products.

A torn-open sealed cardboard box or plastic blister-pack that has been cut/pulled apart is not "perfect working condition", as far as packaging materials are concerned.

Oct 28, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #43 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by <GNEFF> killbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have shopped with Kohn and Audiocubes multible times, in fact I started buying a lot of my audio gear there back in 2002. Since then I have made 16 orders totalling more then 2000 USD. Why? Because of the exellent costumer service.
Audiocubes has always provided me with the best service. I have requested products to be added to the site and every single time Kohn has done just that. Orders are always prosseced and shipped quickly and if I have ever had a problem or question Audiocubes has always been quick to reply.
Thats why I have come back for 5 years putting down my hard earned money, writing reviews on the site (and if I did not like the product I would always point would be buyers to AC alternatives). I have also pointed several frinds and familly members to Audiocubes because of the amazing costumer service.

But this will most likely change, not because of the OP's story, but because of this:

Aprox. 6 months ago I order a set of clip-ons (and a full size can) from AC. My 16. Audiocubes order. I like the clip-ons and use them regularly but within a few months the clips start to loose the abillity to hold the headphone in place (both sides). Slowly they start to loose the "clamping force". After 5 months they are of no use to me, just dangling from my ears.
I send Audiocubes an email. No response what so ever. I wait a week and try again, this time from the AC site. Several days go by without anything happening and then a reply: "Is this someting you have done to the headphone, or was it like this from the factory?".
confused.gif

I dont know! I used them like the 100 other pairs of headphones I own/have owned. And surly they should at least work for more then 3-5 months!?
Durring the next couple of weeks I get 4 more mails like it. "Have you tried to fix the problem yourself?" was one of them.
confused.gif

Finally I get a mail from Kohn himself, the man who for 5 years has ALWAYS come thru asking me to return the phones and warrenty card by USPS Airmail or Priority Mail. I reply that Norway does not have USPS Airmail and Priority Mail is VERY expensive. For non-document parcels it starts at ~80 USD. And that there is no warrenty card in the (plasic box), only an extension wire, spare earpads and print instructions.
I have not recived a reply and that was 10 days ago..

I already had two orders lined up for AC. One for a set of Denon c700 or c551 and a few xmas gadgets for kids in the family and a pair of ath-esw9 come 2008. But now my money wont be going to Audiocubes. Bluetin, Ebay, JapanDirect, there are a lot of alternatives to AC these days, and cheaper to boot. I always saw the 10-15% AC charges extra as the price for exellent costumer service. With that gone I am too.

Oh yes, the clip-on's were 69 USD
plainface.gif

did audiocubes forgot to give you the warranty card or something? If something you get from them breaks after the initial period of the return policy it's on the company that made them, not audiocubes to replace the product.

Oct 28, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #44 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't see why anyone should change their opinion of this company because of this incident.
Why should they have made an expection for the OP?
As far as I know, they don't even own a physical warehouse of some sort, if they get an item with blemished packaging back, they said they have no way to refurbish it and sell it as new.

What this means is that they basically have to cut the loss of this item, even if a 15% restocking fee was charged, as they can't sell anymore, since they don't even have a place to store all these would-be "B-stock" items.
The OP simply should've checked out their stance on returns more thoroughly.

But what's done is done, your best bet now is to sell the item in question on the FS boards if you're really not happy with them, since it's a new item and in good condition you should have no problem selling it.
In the end, the loss you incur should be no bigger than a restocking fee.

well maybe that is YOUR opinion, and this is MY opinion. Before seeing this post I didn't know exactly what kind of store it was but now that I do I wouldn't order from them (knowing that they don't actually stock items). And no I do not try and return, nor condone such behavior.

Oct 28, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #45 of 63
If they actually stocked all the items, the prices would have to be higher. The fact that they don't (and have lower overhrad expenses) is why the prices can be lower.

So, if you're not going to buy via Online, Telephone or Mailorder because they don't stock (I cannot think of any difference it makes whether they stock or not when you're not close enough to visit them, as long as you get what you ordered timely), then I suspect you must be resolved to higher prices because stocking = having to pay more rent and more employees to deal with the stock. BTW MANY places do not stock, you just don't know it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back