Bettering sound from HD212 Pro?
Mar 25, 2009 at 4:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

moshel

New Head-Fier
i am currently listening to music through comp-> Crossroads amp -> Sennheiser HD212 Pro.

the HD212's have a lot of bass, which is not even punchy enough for my liking. And i do not like too much of bass. after hooking up the crossroads amp, atleast it is better.

but somehow, i have started disliking the overall sound...as even with the amp, the headphones have the loose bassy sound, and the oomph is lost, (maybe its the amp?).

is there anyway to get better sound from these headphones, by adding a better amp or something, or will i have to buy new headphones?

Mar 25, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #5 of 8
yup currently on onboard sound....

what does dampening mean?
i tried EQing from media monkey, but it was very unstable and made the sound overly bright. and i had to change the settings for every song....

and even if i lower the lower frequencies down, the bass still sounds the same, albeit at a lower volume..

Mar 26, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #6 of 8
confused_face_2.gif

no ideas anyone? please?

Mar 26, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by moshel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yup currently on onboard sound....

what does dampening mean?
i tried EQing from media monkey, but it was very unstable and made the sound overly bright. and i had to change the settings for every song....

and even if i lower the lower frequencies down, the bass still sounds the same, albeit at a lower volume..

Here is an example of dampening. Couldn't find one for the HD212 though, so maybe I didn't read about dampening the HD212 after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back