Better than my monster turbine? Im looking for one
Jul 26, 2012 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

NhanLe

New Head-Fier
I love my monster turbine, best in ear I've ever had, at first, the treble worried me a little bit as it is too high, too crispy, hurt my ears, but then later, I guess what they called " burn-in", it is just perfect, but im actually looking for another better pair, so I got the klipsch S4, which at first, impressed me with the bass, but then... Im SO disappointed, the treble is so freaking high, sometimes it gets to the "ridiculous point" high treble, bass is getting fuzzy, I dont even bother burn it in, I return them to Ebay. So, I would love to get another good pair of IEM, any suggestion? im looking at the audio technica IEM, there are so many choices..

btw: I love bass, strong, deep, bass, not too much in treble, but I do love the vocal sound... I always listen musics on my Iphone...rarely use my computer to listen to, Do i need a portable AMP? then which one should I gets? Im just new to this, so any suggestions are welcome.:)

Jul 26, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #2 of 24
Good first post... Welcome to the Forums.

The first thing many will want to know is what is your budget?

Again welcome aboard.

Jim

Jul 26, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 24
Well, would say some where between 100-200
I have already purchased th ath-m50 , for winter and travel use, i want anothet IEM just whenever I feel like, I went through some threads, they say an AMp is needed if I really want alot of bass:) Oh and noise isolation too

Thanks

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #4 of 24
You could get the Monster turbine Gold,  I think they would fit you needs considering you liked the original turbines.  
Here is a link for ones that are under $200.  http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Turbine-Audiophile-Speaker-ControlTalk/dp/B002NTPLXM
They are shipped and sold directly from Amazon so you shouldn't have any problems with them being fake. Also the warranty is amazing and they have better bass than the regular turbines. If you don't want control talk then just search on Amazon or other retailer for the ones without it.

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #8 of 24
Atrio MG7 has amazing bass along with nice but not harsh treble and good mids. Also the TF10'S would a good choice to imo, very nice detail, good bass and a large soundstage.

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #10 of 24
Atrios mg7 my vote

the tubines gold are really bass heavy 
the se215 is also good if you want somthing cheaper
the tf10 is also good but if you prefer bass over everything else then the turbines or the atrios

the tf10s have the best SQ overall and they do vocals better then any other iem i said
next the atrios then the mosters or the shures

note that you have to burn the atrios in as out of the box there is some siblince but after some time it goes away

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #11 of 24
if the shures are too bassy, might aswell get beats 
wink.gif
 oh im going to get a beating for saying that lol

Jul 27, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #13 of 24
What about Denon's AH-C710? I've got those and I love 'em. Now, I've only had some 10 mins with the Turbines, but I think that these Denons here are just a bit better, especially if you like bass-heavy electronic music like me. They also fit my ears quite perfectly without hurting at all even after several hours. The mids and highs on both are pretty much the same, but the bass. The C710's bass is something amazing, when the turbines are more like mediocre. 

Sry for the bad (and confusing?) writing.

Jul 27, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #14 of 24
Quote:
What about Denon's AH-C710? I've got those and I love 'em. Now, I've only had some 10 mins with the Turbines, but I think that these Denons here are just a bit better, especially if you like bass-heavy electronic music like me. They also fit my ears quite perfectly without hurting at all even after several hours. The mids and highs on both are pretty much the same, but the bass. The C710's bass is something amazing, when the turbines are more like mediocre. 

Sry for the bad (and confusing?) writing.

Just FYI, Denon is refreshing their whole line of headphones soon.  This includes a few IEMs as well :)  

EDIT: http://usa.denon.com/US/HeadphoneNew/index.html

Jul 27, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #15 of 24
So far, I have tried the Shure 215 already, but im not too much into it, because wearing it is kind of... hard, I only like the go around ear as an option for work out, not like you have to go around ear to use it. I also had the M80 Vmoda, which is not that great imo, im selling it. I wonder about the gold and copper version of the turbine... how are they different.

And any ideas on those audio technica guys? I though they had that extra thingy for bass... thought they are one of the good option?
and which AMP should i get now:frowning2: i mean portable AMP for basshead like me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back