Better than IPod earphones?
Apr 7, 2008 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

spambob

New Head-Fier
I recently purchased the SkullCandy FMJ 11m's and everyone here apparently thinks they are horrible...are they even better than the Ipod earphones? They are on the way to my house right now..

Apr 8, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #6 of 20
BTW I'm just an average listener, not an audiophile by ANY means, my last pair of earphones was a sony sports clip for like $15..so these are kind of a big jump for me..

Apr 8, 2008 at 8:08 AM Post #7 of 20
Yeah, I think you will find them a slight step up unless you dislike their sound signature.

However, you could have done a lot better for the money you spent. The first step up in headphones is usually the most noticeable. Going from stock ibuds to entry level audiophile headphones like say grado sr-60, you get completely blown away.

But hey, at least you have another step to look forward to if you sell the skullcandies and get Grado instead. It's the journey that's fun!
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2008 at 8:27 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matteman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I think you will find them a slight step up unless you dislike their sound signature.

However, you could have done a lot better for the money you spent. The first step up in headphones is usually the most noticeable. Going from stock ibuds to entry level audiophile headphones like say grado sr-60, you get completely blown away.

But hey, at least you have another step to look forward to if you sell the skullcandies and get Grado instead. It's the journey that's fun!
biggrin.gif

I went from Sony EX71-SL IEM's to Grado SR-60 and was still completely surprised by the difference. I still think the Sony's are pretty good IEM's though (comfort / sound).

But almost everything is an 'upgrade' compared to the iBuds..

Apr 8, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #10 of 20
finally someone else so I dont feel so alone
smily_headphones1.gif
They are pretty good but you will want to give them time to break in because the bass will calm down a bit. Im not an audiophile either but I liked smokin buds and I liked the sound of their warranty which is why I went for these instead of a more trusted brand. I regretted it after I finalized the order, but then they turned out good. You might want to set the ipod EQ to bass reducer for a while. They sound great with electronic music right out of the box though with EQ off.

Apr 9, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #14 of 20
Lets hope so!
Cause Apple iBud's are quite horrible, if I am allowed to say so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back