Better pads for Beyerdynamic Soul Byrd IEM's
Nov 29, 2021 at 8:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

FailSafeNow

New Head-Fier
Ok. I have my Beyerdynamic Soul Byrds. I'm pretty happy with the sound, EXCEPT for issues with pads. My right ear is pretty good. But my left ear is not connecting well enough. It's getting poorer bass response and less isolation. I have to boost the sound on that side to make sound balance.

I know people make pads you can put on your headphones. But I can't seem to find any useful advice. I don't want to spend money and waste time with shipping just to get some pads that don't fit my headphones and don't fit my ears. So, what do I do?

Can anyone recommend better pads? I had some cheap Sansas with round pads that fit my ear canals really well. Beyerdynamic gave me these weird bell-shaped pads, and I think they're part of the problem. I usually use the biggest size of pad, but with the Soul Byrds, I use the next-to-largest size, if this allows anyone to help me select the right replacements.

Thank you for any help you can offer. Having to keep adjusting the left-right balance is driving my crazy.

Dec 2, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #4 of 4
Considering that the Soul Byrd's drivers and nozzles are shallow overall, you probably need to size up. The CP100 nozzle tube pivots, but the tube really does not squeeze inward under pressure, like how typical ear tips do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back