Better headphone or better sound?
Sep 30, 2004 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Gradino

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

I want make a stupid question.
There are many variables that condition the Sound that we listen (our personal preference, source, amplifier, cable ecc)

How i can improve visibly the heapdhone sound?

I must only buy sony qualia o stax or can improve sound working about source amplifier or cable?

I think that we should move the speech from better headphone to better sound.

We should obviously leave from good quality headphones to do this

In conclusion I want to say that in a few systems the hd 650 (for example) can be better than qualia (to equality of sound preference).

I am interested to yours experience.....

Oct 1, 2004 at 1:20 AM Post #2 of 8
I'm sorry, but you've lost me at "How". Can you repharase your question?

Oct 1, 2004 at 1:39 AM Post #3 of 8
I *think* hes talking about other components in the sound chian which can improve the sound the headphones output. He also speaks of how in a good system, the hd 650 outclasses the qualia in a poor system. If I'm wrong, please correct me. If you are talking about this, it's very true. Many components affect the overall sound, not just the headphone.

Oct 1, 2004 at 1:48 AM Post #4 of 8
Ah ha, that makes more sense! Well you know what they say, you are as strong as your weakest link. Now that I see your signature, you already have HD650 and RP5.

For a weak source, having reference quality headphones Qualia 010, Stax, Orpheus, R-10) can backfire. These highend headphones (=ubber expensive) are so detailed, they easily show the limitation of your weakest link where more forgiving less expensive phones may be prefered. Of course, HD650 is also considered one of the top phones along with RP5
icon10.gif

Oct 1, 2004 at 10:21 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by skitlets
I *think* hes talking about other components in the sound chian which can improve the sound the headphones output. He also speaks of how in a good system, the hd 650 outclasses the qualia in a poor system. If I'm wrong, please correct me. If you are talking about this, it's very true. Many components affect the overall sound, not just the headphone.

Correct. Sorry for my english.

Ciao
Salvatore

Oct 1, 2004 at 10:24 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by go_vtec
Ah ha, that makes more sense! Well you know what they say, you are as strong as your weakest link. Now that I see your signature, you already have HD650 and RP5.

For a weak source, having reference quality headphones Qualia 010, Stax, Orpheus, R-10) can backfire. These highend headphones (=ubber expensive) are so detailed, they easily show the limitation of your weakest link where more forgiving less expensive phones may be prefered. Of course, HD650 is also considered one of the top phones along with RP5
icon10.gif

My question not regard my headphone system.

Hd 650 with rp5 is good if there is a good source and i think that imporve source quality, there is many improve to finally sound.

Ciao
Salvatore

Oct 1, 2004 at 12:39 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradino
My question not regard my headphone system.

Hd 650 with rp5 is good if there is a good source and i think that imporve source quality, there is many improve to finally sound.

Ciao
Salvatore

Yup, couldn't agree more. A good source gives a descent sound (when your rest of system is up to the challenge), yet using even better sources will improve what you hearing (final sound) even more!
icon10.gif

Oct 1, 2004 at 8:22 PM Post #8 of 8
Indeed? Thanks
biggrin.gif

My question was most complicate than you describe

I was referring to the unexpressed potentials of the headphones but i don't speak english well.

Ciao
Salvatore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back