Better for jazz, Nuforce ne7 or Head direct RE2?
Jan 26, 2009 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Chaka Zulu

New Head-Fier
I've read all the reviews on these two models and have viewed all related posts in this forum all the way back to November. I know I am getting one of these two, but first have a few questions.

1. For a jazz listener like myself, knowing that the NE7m delivers excellent bass, are they as good as the for that particular music?

2. Which of these provides superior sound seperation between instruments and sense of space (soundstage).

3. I listen to a lot of good hip hop. Given the lack of bass the RE2 has, are they still a viable option for hip hop or oher music where low frequencies are a major part of the music.

4. Which earphone sounds more "alive"?

Jan 26, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #3 of 6
well i just got he Nuforce ne7, i dont listen to jazz but i will tell you this for a 49 dollar investment you will be very very very happy
smily_headphones1.gif
Great sounding IEM!!

Feb 15, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaka Zulu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've read all the reviews on these two models and have viewed all related posts in this forum all the way back to November. I know I am getting one of these two, but first have a few questions.

1. For a jazz listener like myself, knowing that the NE7m delivers excellent bass, are they as good as the for that particular music?

2. Which of these provides superior sound seperation between instruments and sense of space (soundstage).

3. I listen to a lot of good hip hop. Given the lack of bass the RE2 has, are they still a viable option for hip hop or oher music where low frequencies are a major part of the music.

4. Which earphone sounds more "alive"?

Owned both, and ampless, you just won't get enough bass from the RE2s unless your DAP has a good EQ (Sony Clear bass, for example). I found the 7s too bass heavy, even after burn-in. They are a good value, considering what else is out there for $50 (IEM-wise, that is. I much prefer the Yuin PK3 ear bud SQ-wise, and they also are an excellent jazz and hip-hop phone).

But, if you pair the RE2s with an amp, even a Fiio5, I believe they are a more detailed, higher quality IEM/canal phone. Can't give you more detail than that since I sold the 7s and my nephew got the RE2s for Xmas (after I had gotten him PK3s and let him try both and keep the ones he liked best). He also is using the E5 amp with the RE2s.

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #6 of 6
I haven't listened to the NE-7Ms but as for the RE2s...
1. Don't know.
2. The RE2s have quite excellent soundstage for IEMs. I once heard something behind me in the song and turned around to look. I felt pretty dumb.
3. If it still comes with a free Fiio E3, the bass quantity will be pretty average. I was able to enjoy hip-hop with the RE2s, but I imagine a bassier phone like the NE-7Ms would work better for this.
4. The RE2s have beautiful mids for what it's worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back