Better Deal - Klipsch S4i for $99 or Klipsch X5 for $119 ??
Aug 3, 2010 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dkarir

New Head-Fier
Hi,
 I am thinking or buying a klipsch IEM headphone.  I listen to Bhangra/Bollywood music, that have lots of heavy drum beats. Here's an example....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlY-Ocn_0ko&feature=related just ignore the singers voice :)

I want the the bass to be punchy (can feel the sharp hard bass) but not boomy. I currently have the Sennheiser HD 212 pro. They make this video sound boomy.

Should I invest in the X10i ($349) instead? Are there ever any deals for the x10i. I really like the iPod controls.

Thanks any advice is appreciated.

Aug 7, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #4 of 4
That is a good price for the X5, the most neutral headphone Klipsch has made, IMO, and which they have sadly discontinued without announcing a replacement.

That leaves a big hole in their line. If I could afford it, I would snap up a couple of the closeout X5s.

Do not make the mistake of thinking that the X5 is inferior to the X10 series. The X5 is designed for accuracy. It is well-balanced in the mids, highs and bass, where the X10 and X10i are designed for those who want extra emphasis in the bass. You will pay a lot more for that, but you may or may not want or need the extra emphasis.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back