Beta 22 Possible Oscillation
May 9, 2019 at 12:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

chesebert

18 Years An Extra-Hardcore Head-Fi'er
I have a Rockhopper Audio Beta 22 that has been in service for about 10 years now. I decided to adjust the DC offset as it has creep up a bit over the years. After I have adjusted the DC offset and reconnected the power, my headphone produced a rising "squeal" shortly after turning the amp back on.

I checked all the connections and realized that the DC power cable from the sigma power supply to beta 22 was not tightened completely. Following subsequent re-connection and ensure the power connection is tight, the "squeal" went away. I did few more off/on cycle and my headphone did not exhibit this "squeal" behavior. Further testing with music did not exhibit any abnormal behavior. I only have a basic DMM and no scope/generator to actually test the amp.

Does this sound normal? Is there anything else I should be concerned? Could this simply be a case where the power is not immediately delivered to boards resulting in transient/oscillation of the amp?

Last edited:
May 20, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for replying. Problem was solved - it was simply a loose connector between power supply and the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back