Beta 22 builders
Jun 10, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by deathg0d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry to ask this silly question. so if i buy the parts and build myself, the costs will be even lesser and in this case i can put the cash to get more parts and build more channels right?

IMHO, parts are just the beginning. The proper tools, build supplies and related know-how come into play far beyond the cost of the parts.

jk

Jun 10, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #33 of 40
Any DIY kits exist for the Beta 22? Do one need the Sigma 22 to make the Beta 22 sound good?

Jun 10, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please don't take this the wrong way but if you can't answer that question yourself you have no business buying any of the parts.

oh no no, hahaha, maybe i put it the wrong way let me rephrase.
i have did the calculations base on the parts cost given on the web and it added up like est about $800 +/- for building 6 channels with 2 sigma psu inclusive but excluding chasis of cos.

however, then i read from the somewhere in this thread that it will cost less than 1k to build a 3-4 channels. so i kinda dont understand which is which?
the cost mentioned 1k for 3-4 channel mentioned herein are referring to getting builders to build? sorry if i cause some misunderstanding.

as for skills on soldering and reading the schematics i have no problems.
redface.gif

Jun 10, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #36 of 40
Except for linuxworks' caseless 2 channel beta, I think my cookie tin 3 channel beta (see sig) may be the most inexpensive one out there. As it turns out, I sold the boards so now that poor amp is literally just a shell of it's former self. But maybe I'll restuff it one of these days... Now, if I can just get my 4 channel done, I'll be back in beta bliss once again! In retrospect, I should have built the new one before selling off the old one... oh well.

Jun 10, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by oneplustwo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Except for linuxworks' caseless 2 channel beta, I think my cookie tin 3 channel beta (see sig) may be the most inexpensive one out there. As it turns out, I sold the boards so now that poor amp is literally just a shell of it's former self. But maybe I'll restuff it one of these days... Now, if I can just get my 4 channel done, I'll be back in beta bliss once again! In retrospect, I should have built the new one before selling off the old one... oh well.

Heh...wow that's real inexpensive...wonder if I should reveal what I think my passive ground SE B22 would cost if I went ahead with my build ?

Jun 10, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh...wow that's real inexpensive...wonder if I should reveal what I think my passive ground SE B22 would cost if I went ahead with my build ?

At least you got the Ref 1 for free! ME JEALOUS
tongue.gif

Jun 10, 2009 at 7:22 AM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenLeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any DIY kits exist for the Beta 22?

Glass Jar Audio sells a "kit" with regards to all parts necessary to put a B22 together. I believe places like YBM Audio can sell you completed boards.

Jun 10, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #40 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The sigma is needed to power the b22 unless there is some other 2 rail power supply you know of the b22 won't work otherwise. Kits can be bought at glassjaraudio.com

The S22 was designed for the B22 but any dual rail DC power supply that meets the voltage/current requirements listed on AMBs site will do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back