Bet all you comp wizz's cant solve this 1.
Sep 2, 2004 at 3:31 AM Post #17 of 40
Umm. You can buy a USB to PS2 adapter for like $1 at a computer store.
I like like 5 of them just laying around. They all came with my mice and I haven't used any of them. Are you sure your mouse didn't come with one?

Sep 2, 2004 at 3:34 AM Post #18 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ph34rful
Umm. You can buy a USB to PS2 adapter for like $1 at a computer store.
I like like 5 of them just laying around. They all came with my mice and I haven't used any of them. Are you sure your mouse didn't come with one?

It did but small things tend to disappear in my room
smily_headphones1.gif

Ps2 adapters are hard to find in comp shops.

Oh well, might as well buy a mx510 just for the adapter....sigh...didnt want to do this.

Thanks guys.

Sep 2, 2004 at 4:07 AM Post #19 of 40
You are gonna buy a brand new mouse just to get the adapter?!
You must have some quarters weighing you down...
smily_headphones1.gif

I would offer to send you one. But now I see you are in Austrailia.
frown.gif

Sep 2, 2004 at 4:08 AM Post #20 of 40
One of the things that I read about this on some gaming forums is that there may be a hardware issue if the mouse setting in games is set to "Hardware Mouse Acceleration" or something like that.

The solution presented there has pretty much been to drop your graphic hardware acceleration in windows 1 notch.

To get there;

Right Mouse click on desktop>Properties>Settings>Advanced>Troubleshooti ng>Hardware slider to the left 1 notch

From what I read, when there are issues with graphic drivers and mice, the last step on this slider is primarily mouse hardware acceleration. dropping it one notch should fix it. IF not, just move it bak up and try something else. Maybe re-install the mouse drivers.

Just a thought....

Sep 2, 2004 at 6:12 PM Post #21 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Yeah, expecially at playing the latest games. Oh, what's that? It's not available yet for other OS's?
evil_smiley.gif

Just cause I can play a good cd on a bose system doesn't mean that bose is a quality product.
Its not like they are programming the game with MFC.
icon10.gif

EDIT: I use windows frequently, and I miss the good ol days of dos and Sierra games, so don't worry I am on your side with gaming and M$.

Sep 2, 2004 at 6:28 PM Post #22 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nqstv
One of the things that I read about this on some gaming forums is that there may be a hardware issue if the mouse setting in games is set to "Hardware Mouse Acceleration" or something like that.

The solution presented there has pretty much been to drop your graphic hardware acceleration in windows 1 notch.

To get there;

Right Mouse click on desktop>Properties>Settings>Advanced>Troubleshooti ng>Hardware slider to the left 1 notch

From what I read, when there are issues with graphic drivers and mice, the last step on this slider is primarily mouse hardware acceleration. dropping it one notch should fix it. IF not, just move it bak up and try something else. Maybe re-install the mouse drivers.

Just a thought....

Thank's for that! Seems to have fixed mine.

smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 2, 2004 at 8:06 PM Post #24 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
I find PS2 to be faster for gaming. Somehoe USB has this lag that just sucks in a LAN party environment where a ns can make the difference between a kill and a death.

True. Legacy free PC's my @ss.
rolleyes.gif

I have had far fewer problems with my mice and keyboards on their dedicated PS/2 ports. Occassionally when a USB HID fails, no USB devices work, including mice and keyboards, but PS/2 is totally immune to this type of crash.

Nothing else uses PS/2 ports, so why waste USB ports on a mouse and keyboard?

Try the PS/2 port and see if you get an improvement. Borrow an adapter from a friend or get one off of eBay. This is a very cheap and could even be a free test.

Who knows, you might even find that the PS/2 port is faster/more responsive for your mouse.
-Ed

Sep 2, 2004 at 8:15 PM Post #25 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by raif
Just cause I can play a good cd on a bose system doesn't mean that bose is a quality product.
Its not like they are programming the game with MFC.
icon10.gif

EDIT: I use windows frequently, and I miss the good ol days of dos and Sierra games, so don't worry I am on your side with gaming and M$.

That analogy is not relevant. It's like saying Bose has 90% of the Redbook Audio Market, and the latest and most popular CD's only work on Bose systems, but are sometimes released on other systems months later.

I don't personally miss DOS and it's convoluted installation schemes and I'm not a big command line freak (I'll do it when I absolutely have to.) Although with all these ridiculous product activation systems like Steam and the like, I am really starting to miss the "good ole days".

-Ed

Sep 2, 2004 at 8:45 PM Post #26 of 40
The analogy is referenced towards the fact that the amount of games available for windows has nothing to do with its operating stability or quality. The percentage of market share is equally irrelevant to its quality.

A better analogy might be that despite its inferior hardware the ps-2 has the most games available of the newer generation consoles, that doesn't mean that its a got great hardware and is easily programmed for.

Sep 2, 2004 at 8:52 PM Post #27 of 40
by the way, I don't if my tone is sounding irritated, I am just trying to explain myself, because I am actually a big user of MS and see its usefullness in bringing technical inovation(i.e. computers) to the masses. However, I am a programmer and have to deal with stupid MS quirks day in and day out. Their sacrificies for issues such as backwards compatibility and subsequently, market share, has made for a outdated, crappy OS.

Sep 2, 2004 at 11:57 PM Post #29 of 40
I've had this exact problem. Try this out..

Go into Device Manager, expand 'Computer' at the top. Should be "ACPI Uniprocesser PC" or something like that. Right-click on it, go to Properties. Click on the Driver tab at the top, then Update Driver. A window will popup, click next, then "Display a list of..." Then click "Show all hardware..."

Then select "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC". It will load a few new drivers. Reboot, and it should be fixed.

Sep 3, 2004 at 2:03 AM Post #30 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by aphex944
I've had this exact problem. Try this out..

Go into Device Manager, expand 'Computer' at the top. Should be "ACPI Uniprocesser PC" or something like that. Right-click on it, go to Properties. Click on the Driver tab at the top, then Update Driver. A window will popup, click next, then "Display a list of..." Then click "Show all hardware..."

Then select "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC". It will load a few new drivers. Reboot, and it should be fixed.

Kewl might give this a shot
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back