BestBuy and Tidal Deal
Aug 6, 2020 at 1:11 AM Post #16 of 26
I canceled my Tidal subscription on 08/02 and my BestBuy annual subscription starting renewal date was 08/05 - today.

The Windows Tidal app locked me out a short time ago - subscription expired - so I went looking for my Best Buy Tidal Hifi Yearly activation code, copied it to the clipboard.

Logged in to Tidal on browser, went to account management, selected "Voucher" and it asked me for a "Code" and I entered the Activation code BestBuy sent me, and that didn't work.

So I logged in to my Bestbuy account and saw the "activation instructions" for my Tidal Purchase, clicked on it and sent me back to Tidal - showed my email address was already logged in, saw the blank entry for the Activation Code, entered it, and Success!!

The Tidal app on Windows already re-logged me in and showed my Home selections - and shows this for my Subscription info:

Your subscription
This account is currently managed by Best Buy.
Please visit your BestBuy.com account page to manage your billing preferences, cancel your plan and update your contact information.

Bestbuy Subscriptions in my Account manager shows:

TIDAL Music Streaming
Next billing date: 08/02/2021

So I lost 3 days, but was prepared for the renewal ahead of time, and now my already established Tidal account with all my playlists - all that setup - is preserved for another year. :)

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #18 of 26
Can people from non-US country also use this deal? I had Tidal for 2 years but recently cancelled it, but this deal is pretty darn good. I'm from EU btw.
I asked Bestbuy for you through Live Chat, you didn't leave your country of origin so I had to ask generically "outside the US", and the answer was "Yes", you can use this subscription outside the US.

You would set up a BestBuy account on the closest Bestbuy website - I asked about using the US website and they said yes, and you would then purchase and manage the subscription from that Bestbuy account.

I didn't ask about payment methods, but from the Bestbuy login you can also use Chat => Virtual Person Chat => Live Chat => to talk with a Bestbuy person.

There is a Bestbuy Chat from the Tidal Hifi Yearly Subscription page:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tidal-hifi-yearly-subscription-digital/6407163.p?skuId=6407163

Have fun :)

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #19 of 26
I hope this deal is still around in a few months when my current Qobuz subscription expires.

Aug 6, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #20 of 26
I asked Bestbuy for you through Live Chat, you didn't leave your country of origin so I had to ask generically "outside the US", and the answer was "Yes", you can use this subscription outside the US.

You would set up a BestBuy account on the closest Bestbuy website - I asked about using the US website and they said yes, and you would then purchase and manage the subscription from that Bestbuy account.

I didn't ask about payment methods, but from the Bestbuy login you can also use Chat => Virtual Person Chat => Live Chat => to talk with a Bestbuy person.

There is a Bestbuy Chat from the Tidal Hifi Yearly Subscription page:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tidal-hifi-yearly-subscription-digital/6407163.p?skuId=6407163

You could ask them on Chat, or use Bestbuy support:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/electronics/customer-service/pcmcat87800050001.c

Have fun :)
Thanks, much appreciated :)

Aug 11, 2020 at 8:09 AM Post #21 of 26
When I go to Tidal -> subscription it says " Thanks for streaming with TIDAL. Your subscription will come to a full stop on 11/8/20". And there's a button to reactivate.

Is it safe now to click the Best Buy Activate Now button in the offer email they sent me? I only ask because my Tidal subscription still works on all my platforms. I had expected it to tell me it was expired when I tried to play something.

Aug 11, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #22 of 26
When I go to Tidal -> subscription it says " Thanks for streaming with TIDAL. Your subscription will come to a full stop on 11/8/20". And there's a button to reactivate.

Is it safe now to click the Best Buy Activate Now button in the offer email they sent me? I only ask because my Tidal subscription still works on all my platforms. I had expected it to tell me it was expired when I tried to play something.

Assuming your Tidal is showing the European date format (meaning it expires on August 11, 2020, and not November 8), August 11 is not over yet, so that's why it hasn't stopped working. At least that's the way I see it. I could be wrong. So just wait until August 12, and then proceed.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #23 of 26
Assuming your Tidal is showing the European date format (meaning it expires on August 11, 2020, and not November 8), August 11 is not over yet, so that's why it hasn't stopped working. At least that's the way I see it. I could be wrong. So just with until August 12, and then proceed.

Thanks, yes, I kind of figured that out. The European date format must have messed with my mind, as when I saw 11/8/2020, I knew it was European format, but for some reason I thought August 8th. Thus it seemed beyond expiration, hence my confusion.

Nov 5, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #24 of 26
I canceled my Tidal subscription on 08/02 and my BestBuy annual subscription starting renewal date was 08/05 - today.

The Windows Tidal app locked me out a short time ago - subscription expired - so I went looking for my Best Buy Tidal Hifi Yearly activation code, copied it to the clipboard.

Logged in to Tidal on browser, went to account management, selected "Voucher" and it asked me for a "Code" and I entered the Activation code BestBuy sent me, and that didn't work.

So I logged in to my Bestbuy account and saw the "activation instructions" for my Tidal Purchase, clicked on it and sent me back to Tidal - showed my email address was already logged in, saw the blank entry for the Activation Code, entered it, and Success!!

The Tidal app on Windows already re-logged me in and showed my Home selections - and shows this for my Subscription info:

Your subscription
This account is currently managed by Best Buy.
Please visit your BestBuy.com account page to manage your billing preferences, cancel your plan and update your contact information.

Bestbuy Subscriptions in my Account manager shows:

TIDAL Music Streaming
Next billing date: 08/02/2021

So I lost 3 days, but was prepared for the renewal ahead of time, and now my already established Tidal account with all my playlists - all that setup - is preserved for another year. :)
Updated: Bestbuy has dropped prices on the Tidal subscriptions:

TIDAL - Premium Music, 12-Month Subscription (new subscribers only) Auto-renews at $79.99 per year [Digital]
Model: TIDAL PREM DIG 1 YRSKU:6407158
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tidal-...9-99-per-year-digital/6407158.p?skuId=6407158

TIDAL - HiFi Music, 12-Month Subscription (new subscribers only) Auto-renews at $119.99 per year [Digital]
Your price for this item is $89.99 Save $30 Was $119.99 ($89.99 first year only)
Model:TIDAL HIFI DIG 1 YRSKU:6407163
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tidal-...9-99-per-year-digital/6407163.p?skuId=6407163

TIDAL - Premium Family Music, Yearly Subscription (new subscribers only) Auto-renews at $119.99 per year [Digital]
Model:TIDAL PREM FAMILY DIG 1 YRSKU:6431867
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tidal-...9-99-per-year-digital/6431867.p?skuId=6431867

TIDAL - HiFi Family Music, Yearly Subscription (new subscribers only) Auto-renews at $179.99 per year [Digital]
Your price for this item is $134.99 Save $45 Was $179.99
Model: TIDAL HIFI FAMILY DIG 1 YRSKU:6431968

Please note BB has changed this to be limited to "New" Subscribers... so you can try the old "expire current subscription" then add the code per BB instructions and it might work, or you'd need to subscribe again with a new username (maybe new email too), still a good deal. This is the best price I've seen so far.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #25 of 26
Update: This doesn't usually last long, Bestbuy dropped the Tidal 1 year subscription price from $109.99 to $79.99 :)

TIDAL - Premium Music, 12-Month Subscription (new subscribers only) Auto-renews at $79.99 per year [Digital]
Model: TIDAL PREM DIG 1 YRSKU:6407158
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tidal-...9-99-per-year-digital/6407158.p?skuId=6407158

Please note BB has changed this to be limited to "New" Subscribers... so you can try the old "expire current subscription" then add the code per BB instructions and it might work, or you'd need to subscribe again with a new username (maybe new email too), still a good deal. This is the best price I've seen so far.

That's not the lossless and high res. plan though.

You want Tidal Hifi for that. That one is on special for $89.99: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tidal-...9-99-per-year-digital/6407163.p?skuId=6407163

Edit: I also just noticed the Premium one is actually $69.99 for Best Buy accounts (login there to see that price). Premium is not recommended though, since it's not even CD quality.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020 at 12:17 AM Post #26 of 26
Bestbuy still has the $99.99 deal (normally $119.99) for Hifi which would be 12 x 19.99 = $239.88 through Tidal!
TIDAL - HiFi Yearly Subscription [Digital]
Model:TIDAL HIFI DIG 1 YRSKU:6407163
You have to have a bestbuy account(free) and be logged in to see the $99 pice
Thank you for sharing, too bad they do not have the Family option on BestBuy, plus they are way more expensive than Spotify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back