Best wood for headphones and best $50 and under wood headphone
Aug 9, 2015 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

eclectic

100+ Head-Fier
After research, this is what is in my cart on Amazon or eBay- Zagg zrt, symponized wraith, lstn fillmores.  Also, are beech and bamboo not the best woods and what is?  Main headphones Beyer 880 and yamaha hph200 with sansa (outdoors) or cowon(in).  Just want a (pretty)closed pair withminimal leakage for blasting around the house without complaints.  Suggestions?

Aug 10, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #3 of 4
I'm listening to Lockjaw Acero's right now and I'm extremely impressed-I always have been. 

They're made of wood and have a great soundstage, I posted out that several times before in the Full Sized Headphones section of this site. 

Just looked them up on Amazon.com and they're going for $34.95:

http://www.amazon.com/ROCK-JAW-ATM12-001-ACERO-Headphone/dp/B00KHS8W82/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439197669&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=rockjaw+Acero

I think they sound absolutely amazing but they've gotten bad reviews. Evidently there have been several different production runs and some have not turned out well. I obviously think I got one of the good versions but to be honest I don't know what run is in the link.

I DO know that I'm getting a pair anyway at that price because I paid $99 for mine and I think it's worth the risk.

Aug 10, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks - I'll look for other reviews too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back