Best wireless phones: Senn RS85, Senn R65, AKG K506 AFC, AKG K406 AFC
Jul 24, 2004 at 3:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bombboyer

New Head-Fier
I'm looking at a pair of wireless phones for use in my college dorm next year. I know the sound won't be awesome, but I still want some. I'm looking at the Senn RS85 and 65, and the AKG K506 and K406.

Which has the best sound and best range (basically just a college dorm room, so not far is needed) for the price? They're all closed and have relatively good isolation right?

Thanks all.

Jul 24, 2004 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 5
Not impressed with rs85/65 at all. Used them for 1wk then never again.
Some wireless cans get interception/interruption from cellular phones. You should actually try it out and have cell dialing/on near the transmitter or headset.
Also some wireless cans get distorted under those fluorescent office type lightning. Don't ask me why!

Jul 24, 2004 at 7:40 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigD
Not impressed with rs85/65 at all. Used them for 1wk then never again.
Some wireless cans get interception/interruption from cellular phones. You should actually try it out and have cell dialing/on near the transmitter or headset.
Also some wireless cans get distorted under those fluorescent office type lightning. Don't ask me why!

agreed, i tried the RS65, not impressed at all. they didnt sound bad at all, but all that hiss and noise in the background is annoying as hell. i love wireless things, but headphones should remain wired for best performance.

Jul 27, 2004 at 9:44 AM Post #4 of 5
Nov 17, 2005 at 2:26 PM Post #5 of 5
am also looking for some wireless headphones as my Sennheiser RS-65's have to much static and low battery life for me. Although they have served me well for 2 years so overall I am pleased with them.

In my search for a replacement I went straight back to Sennheiser and I tried the 'updated' RS120. These are open-back style and are a LOT worse than my old RS65's. The RS120 are uncomforable to wear, sound quality is lower, and static hiss is still there. The only benefit of the RS120 is the longer battery life. I returned the RS-120 to the shop for a refund.

Now I could get the RS-140 and try them, but I believe these are the same open-back style as the RS120 with the only difference being SRS (surround sound) so I don't think they will be any better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back