Best wireless headphones for a reasonable price?
Sep 5, 2013 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Zala

New Head-Fier
Hey folks, I joined this forum because I was asking questions on yahoo answers and not getting much feedback, besides I'm sure more people on here know a lot more. 

Yesterday I went to wal-mart looking for some bluetooth headphones, I originally had the Sony DRBTN200B headphones in mind, read some decent reviews on amazon, but most importantly I read that they have 40 hours of battery life. However when I got there I saw the beats by dre and I thought it'd be a good idea to invest in them, and so I got some studio beats by dre, before you say anything I am already planning on returning them.

Right before I was about to open the box I read some reviews on the beats, and needless to say, there weren't many people saying good things, and the people who were saying good things seemed to be uneducated when it came to music. 

So now I'm lost, I would just get the Sony DRBTN200B as they are $200 cheaper than the beats studio and have double the battery life according to the specifications, but I cannot find a detailed review on them, and the only review I could find on you tube was an unboxing, so obviously he had not had time to experience it's flaws. 

What I'm really looking for is bluetooth headphones with good quality, and good battery life. The looks really aren't that important to me. A reasonable price to me would be under $300  

I heard some good things about Sennheiser, and was looking at their PXC 310 which are $450. Everything seemed good about these headphones except for the fact that the battery life was rated at 8~12 hours. 

Honestly 8 hours would be enough, but like all rechargeable batteries, it is slowly going to lose it's potency, and I can't justify buying $450 headphones if they're going to lose their potential and there's nothing I can do about it. At least with a phone or something I can buy a new battery and replace it, but I don't imagine I can do that with headphones (can I?) 

I should add that I'm not a 'audiophile' by any means. The most expensive headphones I have are $60 (however I do have a pair of $200 turtle-beaches for gaming which I listened to music a few times on and noticed the good quality). Really though, I have no experience with real quality headphones.

I read that bluetooth headphones will never be as good quality as wired headphones, so should I forget about getting an expensive pair and just get something that will be like my $60 wired headphones and save my my money and buy a good pair of of wired headphones for real sound quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back