Best Wireless Headphones -- difficulty choosing (thinking of Bose QC35, Sennheiser Momentum Wireless 2.0 or B&W P7)
Sep 12, 2016 at 11:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Kalenden

New Head-Fier
I currently have wired ATH-M40X I'm happy with but I'd like to go wireless.

Budget is not an issue, within reason.

The headphones need to be robust, I'll be transporting them from and to work and probably during travel.
I prefer convenience and practicality over the extreme in quality. So, a long battery life, easy charging, etc is a definite plus.
Noise cancelling isn't a must but a definite benefit.

At the moment I had a couple of options in mind. Feel free to go outside these or share your experience!

Bose QC35 is often said to be the best. However, I certainly don't need extreme ANC and I've heard that other headphones have better quality.

Sennheiser Momentum Wireless 2.0 have ANC without focusing on it and I've read they are very good quality.

B&W P7 Wireless is new but I have found very little data about it.

What do you guys think? Will any of these compare to the ATH-M40X?

Sep 13, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #2 of 5

I just picked up the B&W P7 Wireless - I am traveling coast to coast every week. I haven't used them on the plane yet, primarily in the office attached to my MBP.

I'm very happy so far after 2 days - built like a tank, comfortable, block out sound nicely in the office and have good range. Only drawback so far is that I notice their weight, but you can't have everything :)

I haven't used the Momentums.

I had a pair of ATH-M50's for a while (donated to my son now), and I would say the P7's are comparable - maybe not quite so much bass, but enough to listen to EDM and the like without a problem.

Sep 13, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #3 of 5
Perhaps you should check out the definitive technology symphony 1. Haven't had a chance to listen to them personally, but I've heard many great things about them.

Oct 29, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #5 of 5
I actually have both the momentum wireless and the p7 wireless right now.... Its a very tough call... each has so much going for it that i can't seem to figure out what i need.

Momentum
- ANC is great! 
- Light
- Extremely comfortable
- Quicker to connect
- Longer battery life
- Better carrying case
- has iOS and Android app to help EQ headphones

P7
- Look nicer
- Audio quality is beautiful! much better soundstage, clarity, dynamic range, base, treble every audio wise 
- better bluetooth connectivity never had a drop
- block out a nice amount of noise passively so don't have to worry about music distortion or odd hissing like with the momentums (yes i can hear a very high pitched hissing but seems like that's only when its actually not noisy around me?!? if that makes sense)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back