Best wireless headphone 200$-300$ ?
Feb 14, 2016 at 7:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

belgian

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to buy a new wireless headphone and could really use your recomendations.
I mainly listen to rock/metal.
I'd like to use these headphones while working out and possibly gaming.
What are your thoughts on the v-moda crossfade wireless, senheiser momentum on-ear, sony mdr-1abt,... ?

Greetings

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #2 of 13
  Hello everyone,

I'm looking to buy a new wireless headphone and could really use your recomendations.
I mainly listen to rock/metal.
I'd like to use these headphones while working out and possibly gaming.
What are your thoughts on the v-moda crossfade wireless, senheiser momentum on-ear, sony mdr-1abt,... ?

Greetings

Hello :)

Thought I'd just give my opinion on V-Moda Crossfade.

I haven't managed to try out the other two on your list, I know a couple have chosen the Crossfade over the MDR-1ABT.

For me the Crossfade is on the bassier side than most other headphones but that is natural with V-Moda headphones nowadays but the Mids are fairly neutral with a smooth but detailed treble. 

If this sounds like what you want then I'd say give the Crossfade a go.

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #3 of 13
But I always suggest to demo if you can, and if you can't then just get the headphone that seems closet to what you want from sound and if they don't meet your expectation then return them.

This is something I have done plenty of times.

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #4 of 13
Thank you for the information,

I do think the v-moda looks the best and i've read lots of good reviews on them but do you think I'd be able to use them in the gym or are they to large for that purpose ? 

Greets

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #5 of 13
  Thank you for the information,

I do think the v-moda looks the best and i've read lots of good reviews on them but do you think I'd be able to use them in the gym or are they to large for that purpose ? 

Greets

No I think you could use them at the gym, I've done some aggressive head banging with them on and they haven't fallen off :p

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #6 of 13
  No I think you could use them at the gym, I've done some aggressive head banging with them on and they haven't fallen off :p

That's nice to hear :) 

Here in Belgium the crossfade wireless is sadly not available in stores so I'd have to order them online.
The m-100's are though and I've read that they basically sound the same. 
Do you have experience with this comparison ? Could i test these out to decide whether to buy the wireless ones or not ? 

Greets

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #7 of 13
  That's nice to hear :) 

Here in Belgium the crossfade wireless is sadly not available in stores so I'd have to order them online.
The m-100's are though and I've read that they basically sound the same. 
Do you have experience with this comparison ? Could i test these out to decide whether to buy the wireless ones or not ? 

Greets

Ah fair enough.

Yeah there really isn't much between the M-100's & the Crossfade Wireless.

The only real difference between the two is the wireless function which does add a slight floor noise (hiss) which is present in all bluetooth headphones anyway but it doesn't distract from the music playback.

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #8 of 13
  Ah fair enough.

Yeah there really isn't much between the M-100's & the Crossfade Wireless.

The only real difference between the two is the wireless function which does add a slight floor noise (hiss) which is present in all bluetooth headphones anyway but it doesn't distract from the music playback.

Then i'll do that :) 
Thanks alot for your help !

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #9 of 13
Feb 14, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #11 of 13
  If you want for home use, consider Kleer based RS 185/195 from Sennheiser.

The RS185/195 do not use KLEER technology.  They are a great option though if the OP is working out at home, but I suspect they are looking for something a bit more portable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back