Best white IEM headphones between $30-50 (no Sony ex please)
Feb 13, 2006 at 4:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

NoMoreNIU

New Head-Fier
I know I'm going to get flamed because this noob is specifically looking for white headphones, but I've looked around online for the last week or so but can't find any that's good and white. I wanted the Sony ex71 or ex88, but everyone complains about the cords. I really like the Sennheiser cx300s, but they don't come in white. Just curious if any of you vets can recommend something that's $30-50 and in white. Otherwise I'm going to get the Sennheiser cx300s. Thanks in advance for your help.

Feb 13, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #2 of 39
A co-worker got some white JVC canal phones (at my suggestion) to replace her white Sony canal phones (which were also at my susggestion -- the cord coating had shredded, but I'm not sure how she handled the 'phones).

Feb 13, 2006 at 5:27 AM Post #3 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoMoreNIU
I know I'm going to get flamed because this noob is specifically looking for white headphones, but I've looked around online for the last week or so but can't find any that's good and white. I wanted the Sony ex71 or ex88, but everyone complains about the cords. I really like the Sennheiser cx300s, but they don't come in white. Just curious if any of you vets can recommend something that's $30-50 and in white. Otherwise I'm going to get the Sennheiser cx300s. Thanks in advance for your help.

I think KSC 75 will run you about $20, and white spraypaint is about $5 a can. Problem solved.

Feb 13, 2006 at 8:16 AM Post #4 of 39
Quote:

Best white IEM headphones between $30-50 (no Sony ex please)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
I think KSC 75 will run you about $20, and white spraypaint is about $5 a can. Problem solved.

He will have another problem once he has inserted the spraypainted KSCs into his ear canals...
biggrin.gif

And a pair of white PX100s would save him the spray painting part.

Feb 13, 2006 at 8:54 AM Post #6 of 39
I am not sure if the earphones mentioned qualify as IEMS, they are all semi canal phones. If you are willing to shop on ebay you can get a pair of Etymotic ER6is for about 60 bucks. They sound good and isolate well, I just don't care for IEMS as much as full size headphones, but as you obviously don't mind them I think these would probably be your best bet although they are slightly over your budget.

Feb 13, 2006 at 3:44 PM Post #9 of 39
Not meant to thread jack, but what is the big deal with matching your cans with your DAP? If that is not the reason, then what is the obsession with white? I am not trying to start a flame war or anything, I just want to know why. It just blows my mind that people will make up their mind on something just because of looks instead of quality.

Feb 13, 2006 at 3:53 PM Post #10 of 39
Aesthetics are important. At least he is looking for a quality, white iem, and not choosing randomly based on color.

Feb 13, 2006 at 4:05 PM Post #11 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZMstephen21
you could give these a try.....
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...nMore=M9394G/A

are you using these with your ipod?

No. No no no no. Don't even think about these. Even on the outside chance that they DO fit your ears (slim to none, with any of the tips) they have horrible, horrible muddy sound. I like the standard iBuds better than these. And that's saying a LOT.

Haha, yeah, I saw that they wanted IEM before I wrote "spray KSC 75 white." I thought it was funny...

Feb 13, 2006 at 4:12 PM Post #12 of 39
I have never experienced any quality problems with the Sony ex71/ex81. Also, AFAIK, the CX300 does come in a silvery-white color. And seriously...none of your friends really cares what color earbuds you're wearing.

Feb 13, 2006 at 7:27 PM Post #13 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by muckluck
Not meant to thread jack, but what is the big deal with matching your cans with your DAP? If that is not the reason, then what is the obsession with white? I am not trying to start a flame war or anything, I just want to know why. It just blows my mind that people will make up their mind on something just because of looks instead of quality.

It's just a personal preference; some NFL kickers have matching shoes, some don't, I just want it to match nicely with my iPod *if possible*. I am looking for the best quality in the price range, that's why I'm seriously considerng Sennheiser CX300 silver. I've looking into the JVC and Apple ones (thank you for your suggestions), but sound quality wise they're not as high.

Feb 13, 2006 at 7:46 PM Post #14 of 39
A friend of mine referred to the white colored earbuds as "mug me" white.They just scream "I have an expensive iPod and won't hear you sneaking up behind me!"
wink.gif

Feb 13, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #15 of 39
Quote:

It's just a personal preference; some NFL kickers have matching shoes, some don't, I just want it to match nicely with my iPod *if possible*. I am looking for the best quality in the price range, that's why I'm seriously considerng Sennheiser CX300 silver. I've looking into the JVC and Apple ones (thank you for your suggestions), but sound quality wise they're not as high.

I dunno. It just seems really saddening to limit your audio enjoyment due to the physical color of the phone itself. It's not really like an NFL kicker thing... those shoes are going to be the same, no matter what color they are. When you ask for only white headphones, you're saying "I'm willing to pay a premium for a product that may not perform anywhere near as well as what I could be getting."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back