Best way to use my headphones on my PC?
Apr 29, 2007 at 2:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dannyuk32

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,
I currently have Sennheiser hd600s running through the headphone socket of my Cambridge Soundworks 250D 2.1 remote control.
As you can imagine struggles to drive them.
So what are my options?
I have a Creative SoundBlaster X-FI XtremeMusic soundcard... can I buy a lead\cable that will run from the soundcard to my Rotel Amplifier and plug my headphones into the Rotel amp? Will that sound better?
Do any of those decent audiphile soundcards have good headphone amps?
I have heard so many things and am totally confused.
Can anyone help?
Thanks, Danny.

Apr 30, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #2 of 5
Well, You've told us about your speaker system. Congratulations on Cambridge Soundworks. I'm a big fan of CSW. But what is your sound card? Are you running your speakers through a stock souncard? If so, this is where you need to begin, both to enhance your speaker setup and your headphone.

Apr 30, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, You've told us about your speaker system. Congratulations on Cambridge Soundworks. I'm a big fan of CSW. But what is your sound card? Are you running your speakers through a stock souncard? If so, this is where you need to begin, both to enhance your speaker setup and your headphone.

Quote:

Creative SoundBlaster X-FI XtremeMusic soundcard

tongue.gif

Apr 30, 2007 at 11:22 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbert /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi,
Soundcard is Creative X-fi Xtreme music. I'm using the Cambridge Soundworks (connected to X-fi) speakers for normal listening, I'm happy with the sound here, very good.
But it's headphone socket in the remote is junk as you would expect, struggling to drive the demanding HD-600's.

May 1, 2007 at 8:25 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote,Do any of those decent audiphile soundcards have good headphone amps.
My RME Digi96 drives phones no problems.
Its a bit long in the tooth now,but still one of the best cards made.
You can pick them up on ebay for a reasonable price.

Tony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back