Best way to stream from iPad to DAC?
Feb 14, 2016 at 3:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DoctaCosmos

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi I recently got an iPad to replace my desktop and as I was hoping to make it more transportable. I have a DAC (peach tree audio dac it) and I would like to find a decvice that will connect to my iPad and stream music via tidal and Spotify without having to directly connect it with a cord. Someone mentioned airport express. will the airport replace the router I already have. Also is the one I need the one that looks like a router or the one that plugs and hangs on the outlet ? I know that's just one possibility, is anyone having any luck with any other devices?

Feb 14, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #2 of 5
Airport express will work fine.  The one that plugs into an outlet directly is the older version.  You can replace your old router with it or extend an existing Airport network or create a separate network.  Audio is downsampled to 44khz if you care about that.

Feb 14, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #3 of 5
I read that it only resembles if you use the analog out but if you use the optical out to go to dac then it will bitstream native.

Feb 14, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #4 of 5
I read that it only resembles if you use the analog out but if you use the optical out to go to dac then it will bitstream native.

Unfortunately that's not the case...

Feb 16, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #5 of 5
Buy Airport Express. Attach it to router with LAN cable. Attach it to AC with wall wart included with AE. Now, you can attach AE to DAC if it has optical input. Note that output from AE will be at 16/44.1. You could just use the AE's DAC.  After you've made these easy connections, you will have Airplay from iPod and if you have your music on the iCloud you can access it using Airplay. You also can use the iPad as a remote for iTunes on your computer.

I really like Airport Express, it's a marvelous wireless way to play my computer music library over my home theatre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back