Best way to stop the Grado twist?
Jun 21, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #17 of 24
One thing that can eliminate the "twist", apart from set screws, is getting them re-cabled with after market cables. This can be quite effective solving the "twist' problem.

- augustwest

Jun 21, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember that was annoying me quite a bit when I owned the SR225. I fixed this problem by laying it on my desk the same way every single time.

I do the EXACT same thing. I am so careful with my RS-1's it isn't funny
biggrin.gif
I gently lay them down flat, and when I put them back on I gently rotate the cups back and put them on..... I'm nuts but I love those darned things
eek.gif
Oh... and when I put them away.... I fold the extension and cable as to keep the original bends and velcro each.

Jun 22, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #21 of 24
Like the sound, this unfortunately is another Grado signature. The SR60 twists. The RS-1 twists. Heck even my GS1000 on square rods twists. But I forget this little quirk everytime I put on my cans and listen to them. They reward me so well, musically, that I just overlook it
smily_headphones1.gif
Fortunately it is something that we Grado aficionados learned to live with over time
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #22 of 24
One thing that can eliminate the "twist", apart from set screws, is getting them re-cabled with after market cables. This can be quite effective solving the "twist' problem.

- augustwest

What is this set screws you speak of? Is there a link?

Feb 9, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #23 of 24
What is this set screws you speak of? Is there a link?
exactly, so many mentions but zero pics. save the 1000 words and post a pic! My 225x's are about to be shelved if I can't get something to fix this.

Feb 9, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #24 of 24
Try and relieve the tension in the cable and over time it might become more pliable. Just like an outdoor extension cable when you wrap it up you want to take all of the kinks out of it so when you unwind it there are less tangles.
Or it's just something that you have to live with. My 225x's and RS2x's do the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back